No announcement yet.

Rigo just wanted a Spanish version of the VADA contract. Everything is fine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Not necessarily because VADA contract was sent a while back. I recall Conte talking about Rigo not agreeing to it over a week now. It's possible Rigo was always going to sign it, but just wanted to stall it as long as possible to clean himself up and just made up the Spanish contract excuse just now. It took Donaire to finally call him out in public to Rigo to get it together.

But this is just speculation on my part, and it's perfectly reasonable for Donaire to speculate something similar. Testing is not something to be left to the last minute because it becomes less and less effective the smaller the testing period becomes.
    agreed....why wait last minute to say you need a spanish version of the contract? doesn't make sense... he couldn't have a lawyer that speaks both spanish and english look over the contract for him? I mean that shouldn't be too hard to find since he lives in Miami...

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Not necessarily because VADA contract was sent a while back. I recall Conte talking about Rigo not agreeing to it over a week now. It's possible Rigo was always going to sign it, but just wanted to stall it as long as possible to clean himself up and just made up the Spanish contract excuse just now. It took Donaire to finally call him out in public to Rigo to get it together.

But this is just speculation on my part, and it's perfectly reasonable for Donaire to speculate something similar. Testing is not something to be left to the last minute because it becomes less and less effective the smaller the testing period becomes.
      Neither should signing the contract which Nonito has yet to do. Hopefully he does.

I thought Rigo received VADA contract like today or yesterday

Comment

Team Rigo could not hire a translator the day the contracts were received?

Yeah, good play...

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post

Yeah, good play...
          did it really need to take this long for Arum to get them to him?

Comment

i really think Rigo is going to fail the test if he takes it. somethins not right here

Comment

This fight will happen. My prediction is either rigo gets ko'd or rigo outboxes donaire

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_

Yeah, good play...
                Rigo's manager wasn't in town according to Cubanborn. He was in Ireland.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
                  i really think Rigo is going to fail the test if he takes it. somethins not right here
                  nah he probably did the bulk of his training using steroids before the initial contract was even signed..he postponed signing the VADA contract until he cleans his system of the peds, which is why he's making this excuse for a spanish version of the contract now...it's pretty blatant what's going on...

had rigo signed the VADA contract as soon as he got it, the testing would have started asap..but since he's postponed signing it (to clean out his system), the testing for rigo hasn't started yet...by the time rigo signs the VADA contract and he gets his first test his system will be cleaned and his tests will come out negative..

whoever is supplying rigo with the designer peds (most likely it's heredia) they know what they're doing...
                  Last edited by Bermuda; 02-19-2013, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                    Rigo's manager wasn't in town according to Cubanborn. He was in Ireland.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    Rigo has a thousand managers and promoters to help him out. The Caribe promotions people speak Spanish. They couldn't translate the contract for him?

But whatever, it's going to happen anyway.
                    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-19-2013, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Props to Nonito for showing Rigondeaux who the muh****in boss is and calling this coward out for going back on his word regarding drug testing. It's one thing if Rigondeaux never VOLUNTEERED for drug testing during the negotiations, but he did and now wants to hem and haw on it. B1tch move in my opinion.

Donaire already exerting his control over Rigondeaux during the negotiations, and it'll be the same in the ring too.

Comment

Working...
                      X