No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner vs. Burns in The Mix For February Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    Can't hate on Broner's comp at LW so far. Fighting the best. He'll handle Burns, Gamboa is the only one who can challenge him at 135.
    Agreed here. Burns showing why Wbo is a joke though. Really, a title defense against Ocampo? Someone please tell me there's some back story I'm unaware of that can excuse this travesty.

Comment

Another good win on Broner's resume and a title to boot. Then Vazquez/Gesta winner before moving up.

Comment

Why would Burns take this fight when he came milk his title in the UK for years? I can't see him getting an exorbitant amount of money vs. Broner, so I don't see any reason why he won't duck him like he did at 130.

Comment

Just staying busy, I think. He fights much more often than some.

Would love to see him beat Broner but realistically he gets pummelled.

Comment

Originally posted by JAW View Post
            Agreed here. Burns showing why Wbo is a joke though. Really, a title defense against Ocampo? Someone please tell me there's some back story I'm unaware of that can excuse this travesty.
            His original opponent got injured.

Comment

Who holds the IBF and WBA title? After Burns, Broner should clean house by going after those titles or fight Gamboa, and then move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Julious_cesar View Post
                havent seen much of burns but hes only got 10 kos from his 35 wins broner would walk through him.
                He's no Paulie Malignaggi though, he has pop. He stopped Mitchell in 4 rounds, he also stopped Nicky Cook. Gave Roman his only loss, beat Moses and Katsidis. Burns has the best resume from any fighter Broner has fought. He will definitely be the best fighter in Broner's resume if he can win.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  Another good win on Broner's resume and a title to boot. Then Vazquez/Gesta winner before moving up.
                  I don't know man, I want him to move up after Burns. The Gesta/Vazquez winner ain't all that, and they're Top Rank aren't they? GBP/Top Rank won't negotiate for such an unimportant fight. If Broner beats Burns, he becomes the 135 Ring champion and can just vacate and move up. 135 sucks. DeMarco and Burns were the only fighters I wanted to see Broner fight, because they're the best there. Looks like Broner is giving me just that. I will be pleased with just those two fights. The really good fights are at 140.

Comment

Had the Abril/Bogere fight not have fallen through, that could've been Broner's last fight at the weight after Burns.

Comment

Originally posted by nysoxfan84 View Post
                      Who holds the IBF and WBA title? After Burns, Broner should clean house by going after those titles or fight Gamboa, and then move up.

IBF title is Vazquez (it's being fought for tomorrow night; Gesta has a chance to win off Vazquez, but I personally think unless some funny business happens, Vazquez will outbox Gesta).

WBA title is still "open," or vacant. The last fight for it was Rios/Abril, and since Rios failed to make weight, he did not maintain the title - he was stripped before hte fight, and only Abril was fighting for it. I believe Abril might be the mandatory, guaranteed to fight for it next. The WBA granted him this status after the Rios figt, despite losing.

Comment

Working...
                      X