Books for Christmas.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Ok.

I would definetely think Oscar'd have a great story to tell.
    I wasn't huge on American Son tbh BattlingNelson.... Decent but thats all imo

Comment

I really enjoyed more than probably any other boxing books ive read MiVida Loca - Johnny Tapia Story, and Hands of Stone by Christian Giudice

Comment

"The Killings of Stanley Ketchel" by James Carlos Blake is a brilliant piece of historical fiction. It follows whatever facts are known but the author tosses in lots of supposed conversations, events & shenanigans to keep the story flowing.

"My Bleedin' Hooter" by Terry Downes is light years ahead of itself & a great read.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Ok.

I would definetely think Oscar'd have a great story to tell.
          I've just tried to send you a PM there but I don't know if it's sent. I've got this as an ebook (though I've not read it).

I can email it over to you if you'd like?

Comment

I recieved 2 Boxing books for Christmas : 'The Dark Trade' by Donald McRae, and Johnny Tapia's autobiography.

Just all but finished Johnny Tapia's book, a really riveting read.

Comment

Some books I found great have already been mentioned ("Fire and Fear" by Jose Torres and "In this corner" by Peter Heller).
              I can also recommend "Facing Ali" by Stephen Brunt but I am sure TS already read it.
              I can also recommend "Facing Tyson" by Ted Kluck in which 15 Tyson opponents talk about how they saw Tyson and everything surrounding their fight.

Comment

The Sam Langford book is a must have, my favourite one easily.

Comment

Working...
                X