Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Apologizes To Guerrero, But Rips Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another brand new article on Boxingscene for a twitter update by Khan.

Comment

Khan should have fought Prescott again to please himself and Maidana to please himself and the public. I'm still not sold on this guy, most champs would be dying to redeem themselves... BTW Maidana was a tough fight, Freddie Roach said he thought about stoping the fight twice and by the way. When a boxer turns his back to his opponent to avoid punishment it's the same as taking a knee and a knock down should be credited. Kahn turned his back three times in that fight and the ref didn't correctly call those knockdowns... You can hold and you can run, you can even fake slips like Cory Spinks masterfully done against Mayorga but you can't turn your back to your opponent to avoid punches... Any talk of Kahn had or will have an easy time with Maidana is just bull. Before Kahn fights the likes of McKloskey and Judah he should have at least fought either Prescott or Maidana. Bradley at 5'5" with NO POWER and no reach and is not as fast as Kahn is a breeze for Kahn, that is a fight (Bradley) that I don't even want to see. Kahn is good but has to fight worthy opponents to be considered King!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
        Yeah Khan should carry more power, but he's never had one punch ko power, he usually overwhelms his opponents and the ref intervenes.

Maidana has huge power and throws head removing bombs
        Maidana will be even slower than he is now

Khan does a number on anyone at 147 not named Floyd or Manny

And he needs to get off twitter, he can come across as proper tit at times, and his spelling and grammar is terrible

Comment

Sucker alert! A mere con post. Praying for morales and won't fight a real challenge.

Comment

Quuen Con hoping to prop up Morales's corpse in a robe shorts and glvoes like weekend at Bernie's and then claim he is P4P # 1, Bring on Floyd!!!

Comment

I think im goign to start a Petititon that every post about Khan should not be commented on at all.... Dude cmon seriously... You beat Judah who didn't even come to fight, you basically were hitting a heavy bag that couldn't hit back... Maidana will beat you in a rematch.. And you looked horrible against Mckloskey...I can't wait till you fight the winner of Mathysse vs Morales.. both fighters will come to fight... And pls don't mention Money May... Save yourseld the embarassement.. your not even at his level.. No 1 is.. 41 soon to be 42 have tried and all came out with losses.. you will be victim #43.... Can't wait till Khan sees the Money May smash on Ortits and than realize the difference of God Given and talent...STOP! Please! Stop!

Comment

Originally posted by Stl_Buay View Post
                Khan should have fought Prescott again to please himself and Maidana to please himself and the public. I'm still not sold on this guy, most champs would be dying to redeem themselves... BTW Maidana was a tough fight, Freddie Roach said he thought about stoping the fight twice and by the way. When a boxer turns his back to his opponent to avoid punishment it's the same as taking a knee and a knock down should be credited. Kahn turned his back three times in that fight and the ref didn't correctly call those knockdowns... You can hold and you can run, you can even fake slips like Cory Spinks masterfully done against Mayorga but you can't turn your back to your opponent to avoid punches... Any talk of Kahn had or will have an easy time with Maidana is just bull. Before Kahn fights the likes of McKloskey and Judah he should have at least fought either Prescott or Maidana. Bradley at 5'5" with NO POWER and no reach and is not as fast as Kahn is a breeze for Kahn, that is a fight (Bradley) that I don't even want to see. Kahn is good but has to fight worthy opponents to be considered King!
                Preach on brotha!

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
                  And Khan will clearly beat the crap outta Maidana like he did last time. Maidana had like one decent round in that fight, other than that he was completely outclassed. But boxing rivalries are great, it would be good to see a rematch down the line and all this back and forth ****-talking will help build it up for the future so that Maidana can get in the ring and get raped once again.
                  He was outclassed I agree, but the problem is, Khan's performance was not as dominant as it should have been. Sure he put Maidana down and had him stunned a couple times after, but what most people remember is when Maidana start putting it on Khan, he either got on his bike or clinched for dear life lol. He allowed Maidana to walk him down numerous times, which shouldn't happen if he's as great a boxer as he believes he is. He still jumps in, throws his combinations and then beams out before the opponent can answer. He hasn't really shown he's a very good boxer, he's shown that he's a good combination puncher with speed. Sure in 3-4 years, he'll be on the top of his game cuz of all the experience he will gain, but I don't believe he's in his prime yet. He's still relying more on his physical abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Stl_Buay View Post

You are absolutely right!! People are delusional when it comes to Con cause if he would've had Maidana hurt like that the fight would've surely been stopped, matter of fact if it were any other fighter (specifically one not promoting the card) that fight would've been stopped. Cortez won that fight for Con. Maidana should have a 10th round TKO over Con. Why wouldnt Con rematch Maidana and definitely Prescott. All these clowns that get on here thinking Con belongs in the ring with Floyd make sure your here after Floyd crucifies this big mouth, all talk, amateur. The only place I disagree with you is against Bradley. I think Bradley will press Con and take his heart. Con has quit in him which was why Roach was threatening to stop the Maidana fight but Bradley has no quit in him. Bradley has clearly shown he can take extreme pressure but Con hasnt.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
                      Maidana will be even slower than he is now

Khan does a number on anyone at 147 not named Floyd or Manny

And he needs to get off twitter, he can come across as proper tit at times, and his spelling and grammar is terrible

Con wont beat Berto, Ortiz or Collazo. I would even pick Marquez over Con and Mike Jones also.
                      Last edited by Sugar Q; 08-19-2011, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X