• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lords View Post
    GGG top 5 P4P? Lol, i've seen it all.
    He's more worthy than Cotto.

Comment

Golovkin is above those guys from 5-9 based on which of his wins?

Rigondeaux beat Donaire --> better win than any of Golovkin's
      Pacquiao beat Bradley --> better win than any of GGG's
      Crawford beat Gamboa --> better win than any of Golovkin's
      Kovalev beat Pascal and a 49 years old Hopkins --> better win than any of Golovkin's
      JMM --> I can give that because JMM is inactive so I don't have him on my list

So it seems like they push above and above Golovkin by each of his fights where he feasts on second/third tier opponents. Sorry but the hype is just ludacrous. I couldn't care less the way he beata them, those are still second and third tier opponents not opponent who should catapult you to P4P lists with wins over them. I'm not hating, even if it seems like that I just don't like unreasoning **** and when guys take place on P4P #4 without any signature, big win.
      Last edited by HEND; 05-19-2015, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        1 floyd
        2 ward
        3 rigo
        4 Wlad
        5 kovolev
        6 roman
        7 GGG
        8 manny
        9 crawford
        10 lomachenko
        Lomachenko lol...
        Maybe if he beats some guys in the next few years. How in the blue hell can be a guy P4P top 10 with a 4-1 record and best win over Gary Russell? And please don't come with "eye test", P4P list are based on achievements and resumes, not on hype and eye tests. And Ward is obviously top 5 but now I have him nowhere in my ranks since he is inactive for more than a year.

Comment

there list is stupid but so is urs honeslty,,

Comment

if u have kovlevve or ggg on ur top 10 just go out n play in taffic,cause u dont know boxing

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post

Kovalev beat Pascal and a 49 years old Hopkins --> better win than any of Golovkin's

So it seems like they push above and above Golovkin by each of his fights where he feasts on second/third tier opponents. Sorry but the hype is just ludacrous. I couldn't care less the way he beata them, those are still second and third tier opponents not opponent who should catapult you to P4P lists with wins over them. I'm not hating, even if it seems like that I just don't like unreasoning **** and when guys take place on P4P #4 without any signature, big win.
              Sorry I just saw that JMM isn't there but Froch.
              Froch resume is also not even comparable with Golovkin's, I mean Froch's is way better even his last win against Groves equal with Golovkin's best win up to date (Murray).

Comment

You could argue Crawford's resume isn't that great either

The Gamboa fight was a hotly contested fight against a MUCH smaller fighter. The fact Gamboa had the amount of success he did is quite a shocker. I'm not sure why you listed that win above really

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  1 floyd
                  2 ward
                  3 rigo
                  4 Wlad
                  5 kovolev
                  6 roman
                  7 GGG
                  8 manny
                  9 crawford
                  10 lomachenko

i'm a fan of the way andre ward goes about his business in the ring, but this is just crazy.

i haven't done anything in a long, long time. i may be the best boxer on the planet not named floyd. hell, i may be ht ebest boxer on the planet anyway. that doesn't mean i should be on the p4p list after a year and a half of inactivity. i haven't had a fight since '13.

at least wait for me to be an active boxer again.

Comment

Lomachenko lol...
                    Maybe if he beats some guys in the next few years. How in the blue hell can be a guy P4P top 10 with a 4-1 record and best win over Gary Russell? And please don't come with "eye test", P4P list are based on achievements and resumes, not on hype and eye tests. And Ward is obviously top 5 but now I have him nowhere in my ranks since he is inactive for more than a year.

p4p lists consider greatly a fighter's ability. you don't consider the resume in its entirety. you consider their last fights primarily, and the recent body of work. bernard hopkins has one of the best resumes in boxing right now. he's not a p4p fighter based on not only his recent run of wins / losses, but also the eye test.

really, you're trying to handicap fighters as if they were all the same size. you have to go beyond comparing resumes to do that.

Comment

to answer the question in the TS, it is a panel of writers.

the ring's "editorial board" creates the list, and they have a group of writers with input.

obviously, ring mag is owned by goldenboy, and we cannot discount the effect of that reality.

Comment

Working...
                      X