Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Adrien Broner vs. Lucas Matthysse at 140 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2012 View Post
    Broner is gifted offensively but the kid is still young so his defense isnt as firm

I think a lion like Mattysse could get to him especially on the ropes.

It would be a fantastic fight
    lacking in defense is a big no no especially against bangers like matthysse, just ask olusegun who thought his granite chin and brawling style would overwhelm matthysse, we all know how that played out

Comment

Lucas Matthysse by ko.

Comment

I hate to break it down for you morons.
        But Broner got a glass chin.... I can smell a glass chin from a mile away.

2 things I'm great at in regards to watching boxing

1-Locating stupid fighters
        (Pacquaio and Chavez Jr leads that pack)

2- Locating glass chins
        I remember even as a god damn 7 year old I was calling Wlad a glass chin and that he will be exposed again... 2 years later.. he was knocked out by Sanders.

I CALLED Roy Jone's demise before it even happened. I'm like 'once his reflexes slow down, he will get KNOCKED THE FUK OUT' and he did.

Broner is from the same cloth of glass. .but lack the reflexes of Roy and the skills of Wladimir.

He's going down Plankquaio style the MOMENT he step up to 140 and it's gonna be beyond funny listening to all these ******s cry,.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post

2- Locating glass chins
          I remember even as a god damn 7 year old I was calling Wlad a glass chin and that he will be exposed again... 2 years later.. he was knocked out by Sanders.

I CALLED Roy Jone's demise before it even happened. I'm like 'once his reflexes slow down, he will get KNOCKED THE FUK OUT' and he did.

Broner is from the same cloth of glass. .but lack the reflexes of Roy and the skills of Wladimir.

He's going down Plankquaio style the MOMENT he step up to 140 and it's gonna be beyond funny listening to all these ******s cry,.
          Why is it that guys that talk the most s**t don't have points to back their big mouths up? Why? Because this dude is an ALT from a poster that does have points and does have rep, but is too much of a p***y to put it on the line. You're an absolute joke. How in the heck can you determine Broner has a glass chin? Because he never gets hit or it hasn't been tested? Well, its not going to be known until it is tested and nothing you say about it means s**t, because you don't know s**t. Have a nice day. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
            broner has captured the WBC lightweight belt after demolishing demarco in 8 rounds. what's next? i think he should move up to the 140 lbs division and face lucas matthysse for his WBO inter-continental light welterweight belt. both are promoted by GB, so it's a very doable fight and one which will definitely produce edge of your seat action.

broner is fast and powerful. he throws great combinations and is defensively sound.

matthysse on the other hand is a ferocious boxer-puncher and loves to push the pace.

if the fight happens (maybe mid 2013), i see matthysse trying to take control in the early rounds and land that wicked right hand of his. but broner's defense should be able to weather most of the storm. in the middle rounds, broner will start to warm up and exchange in the center of the ring. as the late rounds come in, broner's offense should be able to get through matthysse's average defense and break him down. matthysse has one of the most feared punches in boxing but broner's defense should be able handle it. broner wins by UD.

garcia should then be next but that's a different thread.

your thoughts?

I would love to see that fight more than anything else

Comment

Matthysse makes Broner quit boxing.

no really he mauls and destroys him inside of 5 rounds

Comment

Now Lucas is ****in Roberto Duran overnight? WTF. This fight is a toss up.

Comment

popular fighters always wins so broner by ud. matthysse clearly beatin a stationary punching bagg. he wont have much problems like from alexander and judah because of broner being the stationed orthodox fighter. or the fight may be too risky and never happen when broner hits 140.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post

2- Locating glass chins

How do you know Broner has a glass jaw? Have you ever seen him rocked or even hurt?

Anyway, Broner unproven at 140, and I think Matthysse wins a decision, possibly even stopping him late.

Comment

I think Lucas will win this based on performances so far, Lucas will benefit from the fact that he doesnt mind not hitting the target to throw hard punches. If hes hitting arms for the first half of the fight it wont matter to him, and this coupled with his hard punching will wear Broner down.

Lucas has an underrated defense and footwork as well which could give the often stationary Broner trouble. HOWEVER. We definitely havent seen the best of Broner yet, he may well show heart, toughness, better defense/ footwork yet but so far hasnt really had to.

So based on what ive seen from both fighters so far with Matthysse fighting the harder competition (and being undefeated imo), i got Lucas by late stoppage. But im open to being proved wrong by Broner who impresses me every time he fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X