No announcement yet.

Boxing Vs MMA - The real test of skill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post

Runners, don't twist, pivot, pendulum step, etc. Boxers/kickboxers do. 90% of sports use shoes. It's for a reason.
    Like I said show me an actual scientific study that proves this.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      You're speaking to a joker who has never been in a ring nor a cage and has no idea how difficult either really are. It's easy to throw mud from behind a keyboard, which is all he does.

No,he's speaking to a true fan of the sport of boxing,who will defend the sport's honor against those who seek to attack it.

I am under no obligation to respect any MMGAY "fighter.I don't regard them as real fighters or even real professional athletes.

I am sorry that you've decided to turn over to the dark side,gabby.Guess you bought into the MMGAY propaganda and believe that this "fight" actually meant something.

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
      Only a ****sexual would use Gay sex to describe MMA to another person.

Really? So two grown,half-naked men,rolling around,grappling one another has nothing to do with it?

Are you really so naive to believe that I am the only one who thinks this way?

This is what the average person thinks when they see MMGAY for the first time:

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
        L

Which style would benefit from a soft-style mat (Anything other than concrete)? Wrestling!
        You've got to be kidding, all the non-wrestlers/judokas who compete in MMA should be happy as hell there is a mat. Imagine getting clinched then elevated 7 ft in the air and dropped on your head on concrete. Ya not a pretty site.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
          No,he's speaking to a true fan of the sport of boxing,who will defend the sport's honor against those who seek to attack it.

I am under no obligation to respect any MMGAY "fighter.I don't regard them as real fighters or even real professional athletes.

I am sorry that you've decided to turn over to the dark side,gabby.Guess you bought into the MMGAY propaganda and believe that this "fight" actually meant something.
          Im boxing first and foremost, but I enjoy MMA too. You're welcome to your opinion, but the bold shows exactly why you're a troll. You have admittedly never fought before yet see fit to judge others who actually go to a gym and train. Judge not, lest ye be judged. Boxing doesn't need some armchair warrior who has never been in a fight before to defend and troll for it. This sport has been under attack for over 100 years and is still going strong.

Comment

it is nauseating, as a fan of boxing and mma, to listen to armchair critics discredit MMA senselessly without any basis or evidence at all. Baseless accusations like, 'ohh, they are gay, they aren't even athletes with skill' are just about the most simple minded reasons one can use to discredit mma and immediately rids them of any credibility. The reason is, had they actually trained jiu jitsu, not even mma, just jiu jitsu, one tenth of the skills needed to become proficient at mma on a good level, then they would know immediately how ridiculous their comments were.

with all that said, I totally understand the MMA hating mentality on the part of boxing watchers. They grew up on a sport that is suddenly being threatened by a newer, more comprehensive rival, so they feel the need to attack it. My own boxing coach thinks boxing takes no skill and all mma fighters must suck since people sometimes get KO'd in the first round. A close friend of mine says boxing is better because whenever a fight goes to the ground, it is boring and confusing. All these cases stem from lack of knowledge and understanding.
            Last edited by krimzon; 08-30-2010, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X