Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notice: Mayweather beat Marquez using skill, not size (BLUEPRINT INSIDE)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by o0P4PBOXING0o View Post
    Thank you. We can abandon this debate about "skill" now. I never got it from the beggining, Any fan who claims a guy won a fight not because of skill but because of something else just doesn't get boxing.

It's all about skill.

As for John-Marquez, I really think people just call it a "robbery" because it was in Indonesia. But iv'e heard Marquez talk about that fight alot and he never really talked too badly about it. For that reason I don't think people should say it's a robbery, Marquez gave respect to Chris John.

So i dont think we can call it a robbery.

Marquez has a case about being robbed vs Pacquiao though not Chris John
    he has a case about being robbed even though they were both super close fights yet he easily beat john and he doesn't have a case? hate much?

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
      doesn't mean it was on purpose.............
      but it was because he knew he didn't want to even try to make 144 a couple days before the fight took place that's why he reworked the contract to pay off marquez.

Comment

Marquez was robbed against John clearly if you watch the full fight, as terrible an experience as that is. Not the worst fight ever but certainly not good. John is on his bike throughout, and pretty much only landing a scant few jabs and even fewer right hands per round on Marquez, while Marquez mostly passively plays aggressor, throwing not very many punches himself. However, Marquez is clearly landing the power punches throughout, landing more round after round, and pushing the fight. However, in Indonesia that didn't matter.

As to Floyd not making weight, if he really wanted to make 144, he would have been trying to drain himself down to 144 up to the weigh-in and if necessary, after. He chose not to do that. He also, again, said on 24/7 that the weight was made. What he actually meant was the weight he wanted to make was made.

On the skill argument, yes, Floyd outskilled Marquez, but it's much easier to do that when you're facing a guy who's slower than you, smaller than you, and who can't hurt you with his punches. Marquez hit Floyd with a nice right hand in Round 2 clean on the chin(one of his few good punches) and Floyd barely moved from the impact then immediately dropped Marquez with a hook. I think it's pretty clear as to what that signifies regarding Marquez's power at Welterweight. If Marquez could have actually had some effect on Floyd with his punches, Floyd might have had some issues despite being the more skilled fighter. But he couldn't, so Floyd had no pressure on him.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          but it was because he knew he didn't want to even try to make 144 a couple days before the fight took place that's why he reworked the contract to pay off marquez.

actually he tried fanatically to make the weight.....but it wasn't happening....and understandably after an 18 month layoff...it would have been alot harder........he did the right thing by calling to let them know.....

he said he was 145.5 the night before.....he went for a 30 min run on the treadmill to get to try to get to 45........but woke up heavier at 46.......

Floyd has too much respect for boxing to do it on purpose.....he genuinely struggled.........that's why he didn't want to get weighed unofficially on fight night....he would have been 155+ (he usually never goes over 150 for a welter fight on fight night)....a sign he was drained

i think if he could have made 44 he would have.........this is a guy who doesn't pay a 3% sanctioning fee.........he doesn't need a size advantage to beat JMM........

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            he has a case about being robbed even though they were both super close fights yet he easily beat john and he doesn't have a case? hate much?
            Marquez vs Pacquiao was a close fight, that I felt Marquez won.

Chris John beat Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey's Revenge View Post
              FLoyd is more skilled than Marquez. You cant discount the size advantage floyd had. For some reason floyd purposely missed weight for the 1st time ever. It's not like he would've been weight drained at 144. For some reason floyd wouldnt allow HBO to weigh him for the ppv on fight night. He didnt want anyone to know how much bigger he actually was. Size isnt why floyd won,but it didnt hurt being that much bigger. Which I guarantee was at least 10 lbs. Nobody has ever asked floyd why he purposely missed the contractual weight. That's the biggest I've seen floyd for a fight. Bigger than the DLH fight. Perhaps in that fake retirement he was taking PEDs to get bigger for the welterweight division. It takes a theif to know one. I have a feeling floyd is the "Jose Canseco" of boxing.

Why would Floyd purposely miss weight when it cost him Money.And the only fighter you should be questing about taking PEDS is Pacquiao cause Pacquiao is the one that turned down a random blood and urine test without a cutoff date.Floyd and Mosley were willing to take it to prove that they are clean.

Comment

How about a more simple and correct answer, Mayweather beat Marquez by fighting a smart fight and using his ring intelligence to get the job done.

Comment

Working...
                X