No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia "I feel like Brandon Rios is jealous of me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
    Why should Rios fight be made next? Don't get me wrong that was a big win against Alvarado but he just moved up to JWW. Matthysse has been patiently waiting for a title shot for a few years now while fighting great opposition and being robbed at times.
    Matthysse has been in the weightclass longer and you're right he might be more deserving but at this moment Rios has more momentum. What has Matthysse done since his controversial decision losses? He's been beating up blown up LWs and untested contenders. I feel Rios's win over Alvarado is better than what Matthysse has done recently and IMO Rios would be a more difficult oppent for Garcia stylewise.

Anyway it's all academic because the Rios fight will probably never happen.

Comment

Danny is just ducking Matthysse cuz he knows he'll get his ass kicked. Matthysse is the best 140 pounder in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Matthysse has been in the weightclass longer and you're right he might be more deserving but at this moment Rios has more momentum. What has Matthysse done since his controversial decision losses? He's been beating up blown up LWs and untested contenders. I feel Rios's win over Alvarado is better than what Matthysse has done recently and IMO Rios would be a more difficult oppent for Garcia stylewise.

Anyway it's all academic because the Rios fight will probably never happen.
        I can see your point. Matthysse took out Ajose too. I honestly haven't heard of him before he fought him, but I did hear his name being mentioned a year ago because he was in line for a title shot. To me, style wise, Ajose would've given a few of the top JWW problems. Matthysse took him out of the picture and people are dismissing it like he was supposed to as opposed to a great win. Either way, as you mentioned the Rios fight will never happen unless either guy moves to the other stable and we know that won't happen.

Comment

He expects a tough fight from Judah? Give me a break. Fight someone with a pulse Danny, step up to Matthysse or Rios please.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
            Danny seems like a good kid. Shame people get turned off by his father. I don't blame them though. If Danny gets past Zab he should give Matthysse a shot. If anyone has earned it, it's him.
            Kinda make Matthysse look bad saying that bro, it's not like Danny is Floyd or Marquez. The fight needs to happen, but it's not about any fighter giving the other one his "shot", it's just a match up that needs to take place to get clarity in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jay- View Post
              He expects a tough fight from Judah? Give me a break. Fight someone with a pulse Danny, step up to Matthysse or Rios please.
              Would you expect him to say Judah will be an easy fight?? That would show that he's overlooking the opposition.

Comment

I would pay to see Rios/Garcia. The exchanges in the press conferences between rios and angel garcia would be classic, I bet angel garcia would suck robert garcia into talking some **** too.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Who would Khan have to go through to get a title shot? I think he should fight Allakhverdiev next.
                  He may fight Lopez in April, which isn't too bad. Than maybe a Peterson rematch, that guy who beat Guzman, or even Cano wouldn't be too terrible. I think Garcia-Khan II will happen 100% in 2013, assuming Khan doesn't get upset again.

I'd love to see Garcia-Rios, but I doubt it happens due to TR/GBP feud. Rios beating Alvarado is better than Matthysse beating Olesegun and Soto.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Kinda make Matthysse look bad saying that bro, it's not like Danny is Floyd or Marquez. The fight needs to happen, but it's not about any fighter giving the other one his "shot", it's just a match up that needs to take place to get clarity in the division.
                    I see your point. I worded it wrong. You're absolutely right. No disrespect to Matthysse, I'm not trying to take anything away from what he's earned. That fight does need to happen. What I was implying is Danny should accept Matthysse challenge above anyone else if he beats Zab. No more fighting old past prime fighters.

Comment

Yeah, people don't need to be earning shots at Danny yet. He KO'd a chinny Khan and an old, years-past-himself Morales. Now he's going to fight someone struggling to maintain any kind of relevance in Judah. None of these wins are important enough for him to be considered a big name. He needs to fight guys like Matthysse at this point in his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X