Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Nonito Donaire Receive So Much Disrespect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Does Nonito Donaire Receive So Much Disrespect?

33-2 (21 KO)
    4 Division World Champion
    Unified titles in 2 weight divisions
    Lineal Junior Featherweight champion

He took Darchinyan's 0 and beat Montiel who was on a huge winning streak and was ranked #7 pound for pound. Then he moves up to 122, unifies the titles again and beats Tokashi Nishioka to become lineal champion in that weight class. Yeah he lost to Rigo but why should anyone be penalized for that?

And what gets me is that its Rigo fans that do a lot of the **** talking. Why would you discredit your favorite fighters career defining win?

Like it or not dude will be a hall of famer when its all said and done and will be remembered as one of the great little guys of this era.

Boxingscene brings the stupidity out of people.

Comment

I was critical of Donaire because he always appeared much larger than his opposition on fight night. He definitely deserved the FOTY and had a great run. I was wrong about that but thought he would lose to rigo because he didn't appear to be super skilled. It was nitpicking and Ive let it go.

Lately, I think its the blowback because of the excuses after the rigo loss and the poor performances. The shoulder injury BS even made the crowd BOO.

Like a lot of fighters on NSB that get super hyped-he's not as bad as his detractors say and not as good as his backers brag.

Comment

racism...that's my final answer

Comment

He's a hypejob who looks for one punch, loma would beat the brakes off that dude.

Rigo ruined his confidence, he was good until he fought rigo.
          Last edited by jas; 08-14-2014, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Posters on here are dumb and ******ed

1- if you lose you are exposed or shot or overrated

2-if you never lose you haven't fought anyone

it is ******ed

Comment

Because Rigo has a dozen personal accountants on this board, and they know rigo is on his way to being irrelevant, they won't be satisfied until Domaine gives Rigo a couple more paydays.

Comment

Apparently since he lost nothing before matters. NSB is ridiculous with their expectations of these guys.

He does seem to have slowed some since moving to FW, but that left hook is still lethal. I'm looking forward to the Veyetka rematch.

Comment

A lot of it had to do with him feasting on fighters way smaller than him down at 112, 115, and 118. He's finally fighting guys his own size at 126. I look forward to watching his fights from now on.

Comment

NSB posse doesn't know **** about boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X