Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price v Skelton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I WANT to believe the hype but I still have a couple of reservations about Price's chin.

Obviously his size will make it hard for people to land cleanly on it but I just need a gut check fight for him.

Saying that, I thought Khan overcoming Maidana was a gutcheck fight for him so what do I know......

Comment

Although I agree Price is above this level now I kind of like how he is cleaning up the old guard. He's knocking over the old generation of British HWs one by one, to me it feels like a 'passing the torch' process.

He should look to step up in 2013.

Comment

i don't fancy his chances against a klit or haye just yet after this stay busy fight he should use 2013 as a step up year, take on some contenders helenius/mitchell/wilder/pulev - if any of them would dare fight him, then maybe end it with a title shot v povetkin if he can get it and if povetkin still has the belt (ie is continuing to duck wlad) than 2014 go for the big one. No need to rush into it why should he? That plays into wlad's hands not price's.

Comment

Waste of time fight, he learns nothing from Skelton other than target practice.

He needs rounds, he needs to be in with someone who is going to make him work a but harder...Its good to keep busy but not if it doesnt teach you anything.

Its a few extra quid in the bank, I wont be watching like I didnt watch the Harrison farce.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            It gives Price a few more rounds this year, which he needs. He's not been getting enough rounds in because he's knocking everybody out in an early round, so he should have been fighting more often.

Price will step up in 2013.
            But it doesn't though.

Skelton won't last long at all with Price, it's a pointless fight. He's not going to learn anything and it won't keep him active.

Comment

Working...
            X