Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the current Roy Jones still collect the LHW belts now if he wanted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the current Roy Jones still collect the LHW belts now if he wanted?

To give us all a break from the constant "Floyd this, Mayweather that threads" if only a little, what do you think about Roy Jones' chances against the current alphabet light heavyweight champions (Cloud, Pascal, Campillo, Erdei)?

I'm not talking Hopkins, I think Bernard would decision him this time around with ease.

I think Roy could earn manage to earn a decision against Cloud, not sure about Pascal, get robbed by Erdei's buddies in a close bout, and probably decision/late KO Campillo due to his lack of experience/punching power.

Your thoughts?

He could win a paper title yes.

Comment

I think so. Apart from Bernard and Chad, LHW aint loaded

Comment

Hopkins most likely could beat Roy, but I'm not gonna say he would win because Roy still has speed and Hopkins hates that. Roy still has a style to beat someone like Hopkins who likes to get messy and close. Roy could pot shot him all day IMO. I would like that to be the whole case, but also know that Hopkins right now still has great skills and tools. The Pavlik that got beat wasn't as good as at 160 but also Hopkins is getting older.

Everyone says Hopkins makes people look bad, which is true, but Calzaghe has done that to lots of fighters too. Both spoil their opponents game, which Kessler pointed out before his fight with Cal. Explains the ugly fight then lol. Roy was just unable to deal with the speed, angle and volume of pucnhes agaisnt Calzaghe. Also he had a huge cut. People don't realise that a cut makes all the difference. That's why I respect Cotto so much VS Clottey.

Roy aint gonna be the favourite VS Hopkins, but he could beat him along with Pascal and Erdei. Hopkins is the king at fighting people from lower weights at their not so competitive weight. Roy is a natural 175lber. He aint beating Dawson though.

Comment

only belt roy can collect now is reed's belt when he takes off his pants to take it in the bunghole from roy.

Comment

Originally posted by vercingetorix3 View Post
            To give us all a break from the constant "Floyd this, Mayweather that threads" if only a little, what do you think about Roy Jones' chances against the current alphabet light heavyweight champions (Cloud, Pascal, Campillo, Erdei)?

I'm not talking Hopkins, I think Bernard would decision him this time around with ease.

I think Roy could earn manage to earn a decision against Cloud, not sure about Pascal, get robbed by Erdei's buddies in a close bout, and probably decision/late KO Campillo due to his lack of experience/punching power.

Your thoughts?
            Jones is only interested in fighting those who have more brain damage than him

Comment

Probably. He couldnt unify though,as that would take a couple of years and he is only going to slide further during that time. I would actually pick him to beat Hopkins in a snorefest though. The last fight I would want to see is him against Dawson. I just dont think that would be a good idea,as I would like to see him retire with all his marbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
                He could win a paper title yes.
                yep...

but rjj can't beat dawson or johnson or bhop

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
                  only belt roy can collect now is reed's belt when he takes off his pants to take it in the bunghole from roy.

Comment

Working...
                  X