Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The one thing that genuinely impressed me about Broner last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one thing that genuinely impressed me about Broner last night...

No hovering sucka hop in the thread...

Was his ability to adjust. In the first two rounds he fought Rees in the middle of the ring. He blocked, parried, and rolled most of the shots but a few landed during their various exchanges. However in the third round he ADJUSTED by doing something that seems pretty simple but took a high ring IQ and a calm head to do....he took one step back. Now Rees (who's handspeed was pretty damn good I must say) who was able to punch WITH Adrien and throw combinatons to land some of his own shots in the first two rounds, had to reach to land anything. Once he reached he got hit with hard counters. Once he got his with hard counters he could no longer throw combintions. Once he was no longer able to throw combinations he was broken down by Adrien's power and drowned. Watch from the 2nd to the start of the 3rd and you will see exactly what I mean. Masterful stuff.

broner is a very smart fighter, to be 23 with that kind of boxing IQ is ridiculous. that along with his technical skills and ability to relax in the ring are the main reasons i think so highly of him. speed and power is good and all but boxing is a chess game at the end of the day, its not about what you have but how and when you use it.

Comment

I don't think it was as much his adjustments as the fact that his power kicked in in the 3rd. He seemed to not expect Rees to fight the way he did, once Broner snapped to attention and started throwing, Rees couldn't take it. Its not like Rees stopped landing punches, Broner just threw and landed more than the first two rounds.

Comment

To add, he threw his punches with much more intention/conviction. The man didn't fight like a computer fighter unlike another certain P4P....

Comment

That step back counter left hook is sick, he's very accurate with it, he's got one of the widest arsenal of punches in the sport, especially the uppercuts on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
            That step back counter left hook is sick, he's very accurate with it, he's got one of the widest arsenal of punches in the sport, especially the uppercuts on the inside.
            Yeah man I have seen all of his fights and he literally did not have this style until 5 or 6 fights ago. He has finally come into his own style. I am still trying to figure out which style would be the toughest for him to overcome. However, I will ALWAYS say the best quality a fighter can have is the ability to adjust. It's what has always made me a fan of Floyd.

Comment

I thought it was the power more than anything.

He watched Rees for the first two rounds, then turned it up. The activity increased and in turn the power began to do damage. As soon as he realised Rees had no power, he got aggressive and let loose.

Comment

Patience!! Saw that the target was very low and after reaching and missing he drew Rees back into him. He gave Rees some false confidence that allowed Rees to stand up to throw and Broner studied him as he did it! Broner felt him and knew Rees couldn't hurt him because to sit and wait for 2 rounds would be dangerous with a decent puncher!
                When Broner opened up it was very evident who the world class talent was.
                Rees though a game kid is not a top tier fighter, that explains how watered down the titles mean today. Its hard to believe that he was a champion at any weight class! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  I agree,that step back hook was a great punch for him,I thought he would knock Rees down with one of those..I wanna see how he hangs with a fighter who can take what he dishes out and answer tho..I really like Broner,but the book is still out on him..

Comment

I saw a guy that had to figure out how to fight someone so short. Once he got over that it was only a matter of time. Rees gave 110% and Broner did what he was suppose to do. Which was get him out of there.

Loved the diversified body attack too.

Comment

Working...
                    X