Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do euro fighters dominate the sport of boxing???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

devon alexander-check
    bernard hopkins-check
    paulie mallanaggi- check
    barrera-check
    mike tyson-check
    jermain taylor-check
    jean pascal-check
    andre direll-check

these are just some of the boxers the so called euro bums have dismantled, some of them twice (paulie, taylor) the list could go on and on.....

Comment

Europeans don't dominate the sport of boxing. The potential of them being great is there but very few dominate anything. Right now it is still America and Mexico that have the best fighters in the world and will probably always be that way.

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
        devon alexander-check
        bernard hopkins-check
        paulie mallanaggi- check
        barrera-check
        mike tyson-check
        jermain taylor-check
        jean pascal-check
        andre direll-check

these are just some of the boxers the so called euro bums have dismantled, some of them twice (paulie, taylor) the list could go on and on.....
        and how many Europeans have those guys dismantled? The list would be endless.

Comment

All I'm interested in seeing are good fights. Couldn't care less about anything else............

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            and how many Europeans have those guys dismantled? The list would be endless.
            question is how many european campions have they dismantled???
            face it europe is the breading ground of winners...

Comment

Boxing in America is nearly dead, and there are STILL so many good American boxers right now.

But I will say this, those eastern european guys, slavic I think they are called, are basically built for fighting.

Comment

question is how many european campions have they dismantled???
                face it europe is the breading ground of winners...
                Not many because Europeans rarely have any belt of substance. I just don't see who you consider dominating the sport from Europe. The Klits are dominant but that's about where it ends. There are some up and coming fighters in the other weight classes but they are far from dominating the sport and for every good Euro fighter there is an American. As for the lower weights Mexicans are dominating that. European fighters are no where to be found. I would say "dominate" is a very far stretch but actually competing with America is better. It's the first time ever that you can say that.

Comment

devon alexander-check beaten by Kotelnik who does not dominate his division
                  bernard hopkins-check...True, but Bhop was past prime
                  paulie mallanaggi- check...Khan ducked his mandatory to fight Paulie, who was never that good in the first place...Khan does not dominate his division..Hatton did dominate him, but Hatton ended up embarrassing himself against Pacquiao not too long after
                  barrera-check...Seriously? You're gonna tell me this version of Barrera getting beaten by Khan is a good example of Euro domination
                  mike tyson-check....Lennox Lewis was a great fighter who dominated his division and this is a good example
                  jermain taylor-check....Lost to Europeans after losing twice to an American..nobody who he lost to dominates their division
                  jean pascal-check.....Got beat by Froch, but Froch does not dominate his division
                  andre direll-check...Controversial decision and beat a European in his next fight

Not too much domination in your list

Comment

No competition.

Boxing is a niche sport in America now. Our young athletes play football, basketball, golf, tennis, baseball, ect. There's *far* more money to go around and less punishment on the body.

I went to an all black high school, once a breeding ground for fighters in America, and only a couple kids besides myself boxed. And they were not very athletic guys.

Boxing is also declining in Mexico, but I'll let a Latino poster who knows first had explain that more.
                    Last edited by paulf; 09-09-2010, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      No competition.

Boxing is a niche sport in America now. Our young athletes play football, basketball, golf, tennis, baseball, ect. There's *far* more money to go around and less punishment on the body.

I went to an all black high school, once a breeding ground for fighters in America, and only a couple kids besides myself boxed. And they were not very athletic guys.

Boxing is also declining in Mexico, but I'll let a Latino poster who knows first had explain that more.
                      boxing in mexico is not declining and mexico is still the country with the most champions at this time mexico will always produce great boxers many of the per generation

Comment

Working...
                      X