No announcement yet.

cotto should retire..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by youaregoodactor View Post
    I feel hurt because cotto was my idol and still my idol but objectively I don't even know if he can beat marquez anymore..

he is done. the only way he became Top boxer again is hire a good trainer(like Floyd sr. or freddie roach) and train harder and faster but..I doubt it would work...

anyway I'm always supporting him not only in the ring but also out of the ring.he still my idol.
    cotto can continue his career... he just fought a top 10 ATG last saturday.

he needs a new trainer and 2-3 tune ups.

having said that....

UGH!!! SUCK ON IT COTTO STANS!!! BUKKAKE ON ALL YOUR ****IN FACES!!!! NEXT TIME DON'T TALK SO MUCH BULL**** AND DON'T COMPLAIN SO MUCH!!! ARGH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      cotto can continue his career... he just fought a top 10 ATG last saturday.

he needs a new trainer and 2-3 tune ups.

having said that....

2~3..less..need more that..

Comment

Cotto is fine dont worry about him. He just couldnt deal with the speed and angles. He is still easily top 10 in the WW division. Dont write him off just because he lost to a ATG.

Comment

this is what i think

Originally Posted by Aracibo04
          Dondi,

make take on this is that first of all manny beat him fair and square.. cotto agreed to 145 and maybe did not rehydrate up all the way because he said he wanted to rehydrate up to 155. he was healthy in that aspect.

cotto;s problem is as atlas put it "damaged goods" I refused to believe that until the fight.. i don't think its mental I definitely think is physical.... other fighters might suffer a broken nose but I have never seen some ones nose bleed as much as cotto's... simply put... you break cotto's nose (margarito did it), he starts to bleed and can't breathe properly and therefore he can't hit as a hard. he was already spitting blood by the sixth round. manny definitely convinced me that is cotto's weakness now.

clotty was not a high volume puncher and that is why you did not see blood coming out and cotto spitting blood. but if he was the same thing would have happend to cotto. if cotto faces a high volume fighter with decent strength the same thing will happen. Thats my take on it.

margo definitely hurt him beyond remedy and recovery..

by the way, I am not saying that manny would have lost, all i am saying is that the fight would have been more competitive and woujld have lived up to what most fans though it would have been a 50/50 fight.

Posted by dondi330

I hear you. To be honest Cotto is one of my favorites and I hope for his sake your right. Because If your right he can still continue to have a great career with a better trainer and some defense work. But if I am right then his career is over. No one will help his mind.
          I think everyone even the Pac fans wish the fight was more on even terms, because it clears up all doubts(they might not admit but I think they feel it inside). If Pac beat Cotto at 147, there are no doubts and all questions answered. Even they have to admit this "creating belts" is crap and losing your 147 belt at 145 is even worse. I think Cotto fights Hatton in a year or so and wins a tough fight.

If cotto changes his approach to training and works on increasing his punch output which will naturally make him faster (much the way manny trains) he might be able to make a comeback. I wish him the best no matter what he does...
          I really love section8studios throwback figher sig...damn. i got goose bumps..

Originally Posted by Dondi33O
          section8studios Yeah the sig is nice.
          You know what ? I think your right. The only thing left for Cotto to do is get a TOP trainer and adjust his boxing skills a bit, work on the defense too. I think he is Done with "warring" he can no longer go to war. I hope his mentality is not totally gone.

he has a left jab, he has a left hook, boxing skills, killer instincts and ring general ship. he can and needs to improve...

i was also thinking there might be surgery to remove all the scar tissue he has in his nasal cavity. but unless someone tells him hey you can get that fixed then that will continue to be his weakness. WAR COTTO! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Aracibo04 View Post
            Dondi,

make take on this is that first of all manny beat him fair and square.. cotto agreed to 145 and maybe did not rehydrate up all the way because he said he wanted to rehydrate up to 155. he was healthy in that aspect.

cotto;s problem is as atlas put it "damaged goods" I refused to believe that until the fight.. i don't think its mental I definitely think is physical.... other fighters might suffer a broken nose but I have never seen some ones nose bleed as much as cotto's... simply put... you break cotto's nose (margarito did it), he starts to bleed and can't breathe properly and therefore he can't hit as a hard. he was already spitting blood by the sixth round. manny definitely convinced me that is cotto's weakness now.

clotty was not a high volume puncher and that is why you did not see blood coming out and cotto spitting blood. but if he was the same thing would have happend to cotto. if cotto faces a high volume fighter with decent strength the same thing will happen. Thats my take on it.

margo definitely hurt him beyond remedy and recovery..

by the way, I am not saying that manny would have lost, all i am saying is that the fight would have been more competitive and woujld have lived up to what most fans though it would have been a 50/50 fight.

Posted by dondi330

I hear you. To be honest Cotto is one of my favorites and I hope for his sake your right. Because If your right he can still continue to have a great career with a better trainer and some defense work. But if I am right then his career is over. No one will help his mind.
            I think everyone even the Pac fans wish the fight was more on even terms, because it clears up all doubts(they might not admit but I think they feel it inside). If Pac beat Cotto at 147, there are no doubts and all questions answered. Even they have to admit this "creating belts" is crap and losing your 147 belt at 145 is even worse. I think Cotto fights Hatton in a year or so and wins a tough fight.

If cotto changes his approach to training and works on increasing his punch output which will naturally make him faster (much the way manny trains) he might be able to make a comeback. I wish him the best no matter what he does...
            I really love section8studios throwback figher sig...damn. i got goose bumps..

Originally Posted by Dondi33O
            section8studios Yeah the sig is nice.
            You know what ? I think your right. The only thing left for Cotto to do is get a TOP trainer and adjust his boxing skills a bit, work on the defense too. I think he is Done with "warring" he can no longer go to war. I hope his mentality is not totally gone.

he has a left jab, he has a left hook, boxing skills, killer instincts and ring general ship. he can and needs to improve...

i was also thinking there might be surgery to remove all the scar tissue he has in his nasal cavity. but unless someone tells him hey you can get that fixed then that will continue to be his weakness. WAR COTTO! LOL
            good post thx

Comment

Sadly fighters like him who are in alot of tough fights and don't duck anyone have shorter careers......if he still wants to fight he should take some time off, then take on an easier fight.....a good boxer with little pop, and rematch Marg.

Comment

After 2 losses Miguel Cotto SHOULD NOT retire... Gtfo with these pointless threads
                i totally agree with you man. But Cotto needs to recollect himself. He's definitely not at the point where he should retire. He's at the point where he needs a rebirth

Comment

Originally posted by youaregoodactor View Post
                  I feel hurt because cotto was my idol and still my idol but objectively I don't even know if he can beat marquez anymore..

he is done. the only way he became Top boxer again is hire a good trainer(like Floyd sr. or freddie roach) and train harder and faster but..I doubt it would work...

anyway I'm always supporting him not only in the ring but also out of the ring.he still my idol.
                  dont lose faith in your fighter homie. **** that, cotto will rebuild himself and **** up most of the ww you watch.

Comment

No ,cotto is still a good fighter ,he wasn't evenly matched up.cotto is too slow and flat footed ,if he would;ve stop back pedaling so much he wouldn't tire so fast
                    cotto vs jmm or hatton is still a great fight
                    styles make fights

Comment

Working...
                    X