No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios vs. Alvarado II Could Be For Vacant WBO Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rios vs. Alvarado II Could Be For Vacant WBO Crown

The World Boxing Organization is not denying the possibility that Brandon Rios (31-0-1, 23KOs) and Mike Alvarado (33-1, 23KOs) will face off for the vacant WBO junior welterweight title. Top Rank is discussing the possibility of a rematch between the two boxers for an HBO date in March. The title became vacant when Juan Manuel Marquez moved up to welterweight to fight Manny Pacquiao for a fourth time. [Click Here To Read More]

So the rematch is definitely on then?

Comment

Why not, I have no problem with that.

War Rios.

So we got a 12 rounder.

Comment

Excellent. They can start fighting everyday from tomorrow until march & that'd suite me just fine!!

Comment

WBO Latino Title? Despite their last names, both Rios and Alvarado are more American then Latino or Hispanic.

Comment

2 Mexican/Americans fighting for a WBO strap? Say it ain't so?!?!

Comment

Just give Rios the title and let him fight someone challenging. He's going to KO him quicker this time.

Comment

Excited for this fight, but not that it's for a title. You have all these guys who have been in the division rankings for years and Rios fights once at 140 and gets a title shot?!? I hate boxing politics!

Comment

why I'm not surprised Rios would get to fight for a vacant belt for no reason

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                    WBO Latino Title? Despite their last names, both Rios and Alvarado are more American then Latino or Hispanic.
                    Stupidest **** ive read in a long time, can you explain to me where the country of Latino or Hispanic is cause if I remember correctly they are terms used to describe origin, and whether Alvarado and Rios were born in America or Ecuador they are still classified as Latinos. There are whites in Argentina and there are whites in Mexico, race,ethnicity , and nationality are completely different.

There are plenty of "Hispanics" in America, so I dont understand what your saying, just cause they dont speak spanish and arent 1st generation doesnt mean they dont have Mexican roots which makes them Latino

Comment

Working...
                    X