Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys wanna hear something that is really funny and true at the same time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
    Seriously people with 10k or more posts, i don't see how they do it. I know there are different sections like lounge, history section, Mexican section, tickle my ballz for some green k section, the only 2 people at a time thunderdome section, etc. By the time I reach 800 posts, the amatuars on this site would have turned pro 2 years already. If I even reach 5k posts, i would have to thank god and praise Jesus for allowing me to see my 483rd birthday.
    I don't know that either. I am here since a few years and I think I spend quite some time here and I got less than a little over 1.000 posts. And I do not think that I do not post a lot. It's just that I read more than I post, but still I post a comment when I have something to say. That is why I never quite understood how a guy can be here since 2 or 3 years and have 30.000 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
      Okay - so I noticed something recently: everytime I come to the NSB section of boxingscene and I read through threads, I automatically check how many posts the guys who posted a particular comment have. I think you guys do the same thing probably. So I realised everytime some dude has like 30.000 posts then I do not automatically think "wow, this guy is an expert, he knows boxing". Actually I realised that everytime I see a guy who has an account since many years AND at the same time he has only a few hundred posts, THEN I think this guy is an expert. So if a guy has his account since 2006 and he only posted 400 comments, then I instinctively believe he knows boxing and I almost never am disappointed when I check his comments. And when I see a guy who has his account since 2012 and he has 30.000 comments, then I instinctively believe the opposite. Isn't that strange?
      Judging from your criteria, you must be something like a 'semi expert'.

Comment

I am not reasoning anything. I just speak from my experiences over the years: I feel guys with only a few hundred posts tendentially have more knowledge than guys with 30.000 posts in 2 years. This is a tendency I recognised, not a rule. Of course there are guys with 50.000 posts who are very knowledgeable.
        Maybe you mean a "trend" not tendency (or maybe not). And you are probably right. All the same, assuming that two posters joined the same day and year, with one sending 400 posts and the other sending 20,000, it's very likely that if the 20,000 posts were more carefully examined (I don't know who'd spend time doing such a thing) you might find at least 400 gems amongst the dross.

It might just mean that the 20,000 guy is more chatty and light-hearted. He might also like to get in on whatever disputes or subjects on tap. It may, after all, be just a matter of temperament. And we can't ignore that the 400 poster may have little interest and only looks into the site occasionally. I've seen posters with few posts who have been here for -5-6 years etc and assumed that they were just not interested enough.
        Last edited by edgarg; 01-19-2014, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I don't know shit
          TBH, I just like staring at the ring card girls

Comment

I don't know that either. I am here since a few years and I think I spend quite some time here and I got less than a little over 1.000 posts. And I do not think that I do not post a lot. It's just that I read more than I post, but still I post a comment when I have something to say. That is why I never quite understood how a guy can be here since 2 or 3 years and have 30.000 posts.
            You actually do NOT have "less than a little over 1.000 posts". You have over 25% MORE than 1,000 posts. That's a pretty large "little over". But your major point is an interesting subject for friendly opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              I don't know shit
              TBH, I just like staring at the ring card girls
              state the obvious...

Comment

Glad to see the OP thinks I know what I'm talking about!

Comment

I look to see how many posts someone has, but it's more or less out of sheer curiosity and has no bearing on what I feel about the comment. If it's a good post, that's all that concerns me.

Comment

Working...
                  X