Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know a big deal is made by Trout throwing 300+ jabs, but did he land more than 10?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KOTJ View Post
    Yeah, because I need to find 10 pictures of Trout landing to counter 2 or 3 pics of Alvarez landing. And within 12 hours of the fight when google images will have a poor selection of shots from the fight. Nice lopsided view of things, sounds like the POV a Canelo-booster might have.
    In my opinion Trout landed 1 jab per round and that's being generous. Trout landed like 1 jab in round 1, he won that round based on Canelo not throwing much but you can't count punches that don't land. Prove to me that Trout landed 8 jabs in the first round as per compubox, this is not the case. Compubox is lopsided.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      In my opinion Trout landed 1 jab per round and that's being generous. Trout landed like 1 jab in round 1, he won that round based on Canelo not throwing much but you can't count punches that don't land. Prove to me that Trout landed 8 jabs in the first round as per compubox, this is not the case. Compubox is lopsided.
      I could care less about CompuBox, it's garbage.

Are you going out of your way to prove anything to me? Why should I go out of my way to chop up HD footage to prove anything to you?

The point is this. 10-2 card. And that was the WBA judge, apparently. Canelo can justifiably be called the winner of the fight, but that card, and the early scoring, where Canelo was way ahead on two of three cards after 6 (while longtime observers like Larry Merchant had Trout ahead), tells you that the Fix. Was. In. Trout was never getting a decision, whatever he did. If that doesn't disgust you, you're a twat.
      Last edited by KOTJ; 04-21-2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KOTJ View Post
        I could care less about CompuBox, it's garbage.

Are you going out of your way to prove anything to me? Why should I go out of my way to chop up HD footage to prove anything to you?

The point is this. 10-2 card. And that was the WBA judge, apparently. Canelo can justifiably be called the winner of the fight, but that card, and the early scoring, where Canelo was way ahead on all three cards after 6 (while longtime observers like Larry Merchant had Trout ahead), tells you that the Fix. Was. In.
        Cause you're in my thread fool LMAOF

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          The problem is this: people have become so used to calling Canelo a coward and a bum and a cherrypicker, and those people to either

1) had to eat a lot of crow last night.
          2) pretend that Trout, somehow, got robbed.

I have never defended Canelo's opposition as a world champion (it's been dismal and he shouldn't have been awarded a world title until last night), but the fact of the matter is that the kid has always had the goods and Golden Boy brought him along perfectly for his age and experience. The WBC title isn't even a world championship anymore, anyone can buy one.

Canelo is the real deal. Sorry.

That's all it is, it's been so long that the majority has been abe to beat him up (metaphorically speaking) based on his level of opposition. It's very well documented that he has wanted tougher comp but the fights have fallen through and his team is who wants the easy fights, not Canelo.

Those days are gone now, the excuse bank is empty, it's time to man up and admit this 22 year old kid is potentially the future of the sport. No hype needed, he just drew almost 40K and beat the biggest, best opponent he could face.

Sometimes people are wrong and sometimes people are right about stuff, there is nothing wrong with admitting one has been mistaken. It's better to appreciate something good while it is here, staring you in the face instead of pretending it doesn't exist. Like him or hate him, Canelo is a massive positive note for this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            That's all it is, it's been so long that the majority has been abe to beat him up (metaphorically speaking) based on his level of opposition. It's very well documented that he has wanted tougher comp but the fights have fallen through and his team is who wants the easy fights, not Canelo.

Those days are gone now, the excuse bank is empty, it's time to man up and admit this 22 year old kid is potentially the future of the sport. No hype needed, he just drew almost 40K and beat the biggest, best opponent he could face.

Sometimes people are wrong and sometimes people are right about stuff, there is nothing wrong with admitting one has been mistaken. It's better to appreciate something good while it is here, staring you in the face instead of pretending it doesn't exist. Like him or hate him, Canelo is a massive positive note for this sport.
            And now he'll lose to Lara and Molina, guys that were never mentioned as much of a thread before the Trout fight because Trout was considered the best at the weight and Canelo wasn't supposed to take the fight much less show that he's a better boxer. People are so bitter!

Comment

Cause you're in my thread fool LMAOF
              You actually want a kudos for clicking "create thread"?

Comment

agree with you on the corruption thing but welcome to boxing, especially with the wbc and especially in ****ing texas.

Knowing that, a guy in trout's position with physical advantages has to take more chances. instead he fought scared, curled over flicking a useless jab. The whole point of corruption is mute because trout didn't come close to winning the fight anyway.

The thing is, Canelo might be special and last night showed the potential depth of that. Kid is super disciplined and composed, showed great defense and was able to outbox a very tricky athletic southpaw with a large size advantage. He's sharp and powerful and he's only 22. And I have a thing for Red Headed Mexicans I guess.

Questions do remain about his stamina, he seems to fade in spurts because he loads up. his chin is another question because its never really been tested as far as i can tell and cotto's brother had him out on his feet. But, last night was a serious test and he passed it.

Comment

And now he'll lose to Lara and Molina, guys that were never mentioned as much of a thread before the Trout fight
                  Plenty guys have said that Canelo would lose to Lara and would never fight him. That all started up after the hype Lara got for being robbed against Williams and starching Ronald Hearns (LOL). Guess you missed all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Splinter View Post
                    agree with you on the corruption thing but welcome to boxing, especially with the wbc and especially in ****ing texas.
                    Sport's been on a not-too-bad run over the last few months, where some guys got the scores they earned when one might have expected otherwise. I expected last night to not follow in that trait, but the predictable can still be dispiriting.

I disagree with you partially about Crapelo's performance. It was alright. Trout and Crapelo only stand out because 147-154 is so lacklustre, I stand by that view. They're good by contrast.

Comment

Working...
                    X