No announcement yet.

Now THAT Was Some Bull****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Given all the head injuries we've had lately I had no problem with it. In the end, the outcome was gonna be the same. Groves had been declining for 2 rounds and he was just about out on his feet.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    dude...whats wrong with u?

Comment

Given all the head injuries we've had lately I had no problem with it. In the end, the outcome was gonna be the same. Groves had been declining for 2 rounds and he was just about out on his feet.

U didnt actually watch the fight did u

Comment

the headlock the ref gave Groves was more devastating than what Froch was landing...i'm all for fighter safety but that looked like a fix to me

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          U didnt actually watch the fight did u
          Out on his feet.....moving around....returning fire....to someone who'd been eating hard solid shots all night. That's what he meant by out on his feet....I'd clarify it for him.

Comment

i count myself as a froch fan but this kind of win does him huge disservice he was the one shining light in british boxing, this kinda tarnished it. groves is world class tho. that much is clear.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              i count myself as a froch fan but this kind of win does him huge disservice he was the one shining light in british boxing, this kinda tarnished it. groves is world class tho. that much is clear.

same here...that kind of stoppage was the last thing that fight needed...they had to play that out...not have some ref 'decide' that Groves couldnt go on...you see how much energy the ref had to use just to hold Groves down? total crap ending

Comment

The problem is, Froch gets so sloppy and starts throwing forearm shots and knocks opponents off balance. If you watch the replay, Groves' left leg was kicked up by Froch's sloppiness and was off balance, shuffling forward, making it LOOK like he was more hurt than he really was.

Comment

terrible stoppage...groves was still in the fight and wasn't out on his feet (he stumbled) and had a clear head still...ref was an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    same here...that kind of stoppage was the last thing that fight needed...they had to play that out...not have some ref 'decide' that Groves couldnt go on...you see how much energy the ref had to use just to hold Groves down? total crap ending
                    i hate when quality world class fights get ruined. it was completely uncalled for. mind boggling.

Comment

It was a very éarly stoppage. Maybe the recent deaths and brainjuries was on the referees mind. AFTEr all this was a very punishing fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X