Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the fighters that ended up punch drunk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    Was watching a merick taylor fight and had me thinking as I was feeling sad for the guy.

so who has ended up punch drunk?

Ill kick off the list

Shane Mosley
    Jermain Taylor
    James Toney
    Merdrick taylor

Tommy Hearns
    Roger Mayweather
    Floyd Mayweather SR.
    You only have two right.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
      Was watching a merick taylor fight and had me thinking as I was feeling sad for the guy.

so who has ended up punch drunk?

Ill kick off the list

Shane Mosley
      Jermain Taylor
      James Toney
      Merdrick taylor
      Tommy Hearns
      Roger Mayweather
      Floyd Mayweather SR.

Never heard of him.

Are you asian?

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
        Never heard of him.

Are you asian?
        hahaha Didn't notice that until now. He doesn't speak perfect English anyway. I think he does that deliberately in attempt to cover up who he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
          You only have two right.
          No....all of them on his list are legit. He even forgot Bowe and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
            No....all of them on his list are legit. He even forgot Bowe and a few others.
            No, I am right and you are wrong. Both of you. lol

Bowe and Norris

Comment

I don't think people realize that this is a bait thread.

Comment

Funny how the boxer/mover or technical sweet science guys are the ones that slur their words, the face first brawlers doesn't seem to be affected by this but maybe am wrong.. Doesn't Terry Norris slur soooo bad as well?

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                  It may be of interest that I've particularly noticed that Spanish speaking boxers, however beaten up, never seem to me to have any speech problems at all. They are uniformly very articulate and verbose. For example, I saw a video of Jose Luis Castillo the other week, being asked about his future. He was perfect, and has taken umpteen beatings. Another is Erik Morales. Not sure about Barrera, I think he doesn't have as ready a tongue.

Since the damage is caused by the brain hitting the bone of the skull by a punch heavy enough to push it through the protective liquid, it seems to me that some fighters may have larger or smaller brain cavities, with larger or smaller amounts of protective fluid.Those with optimum combinations suffer less than others.

A larger brain with lesser fluid might have an advantage because there would be minimum accelleration therefore the contact would be far less..........??

Then again a smaller brain with a larger amount of protective liquid might be better cushioned so that only the most cncussive blows would cause contact.......????
                  You sound like dude off of Django Unchained... Are you looking for dimples in the skull as well?

I think demographically, more black boxers practice the sweet science in america and speak english, so logic would say more slurring would be noticable by the demographic that dominates american Boxing. As for Mexicans, often times due to the famed warrior style, their careers are shorter. Length of career has to play a part. Because its not about how much punishment is sustained, but over how much TIME its incurred. That's why you see more boxing related pugilistic dimentia cases than mma related ones. Besides... Mayorga seems damn near punch drunk to me.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                    Never heard of him.

Are you asian?
                    just a typo spelled it right in the list.

Comment

Riddick Bowe

Comment

Working...
                      X