Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When people start saying Floyd is ducking the lineal MW champ you know he is great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
    Good for boxing? Boxing will move on without Pacquiao, without Martinez, without Mayweather, etc.

Mayweather/Delahoya was the fight to save boxing, remember that? Nothing changed.
    I never meant it would save boxing by any means, but I do think it is a compelling fight that could be marketed well. Floyd is already a great and his legacy could go a bit higher if he fights Martinez depending on the circumstances. Martinez' legacy could also be bolstered as well depending on the circumstances for him. I still think 154 is ok, but I know you disagree.

It is also good when the best fight the best and whether it was Mayweather's fault or not it does reflect poorly on the sport that he and Pacquiao never met in the ring before one of them showed signs of serious decline.

I certainly think it could be a fitting retirement fight for both. I also believe Martinez deserves a shot at Floyd over Canelo who looks to be on course to fight Floyd later this year. I would still rather see Martinez test the waters at 154 against Floyd than see him fight someone like Alexander if Floyd continues to fight into 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
      I just don't see the fight happening. Floyd couldn't make 156, hell he can't even make 150 for a 154 fight.
      He does not have to make 156 as I'm sure you are aware. Floyd would most assuredly weigh below 156 unless he wanted to put on some fat or about 4-5 pounds of muscle. He would risk becoming muscle bound probably.

He walks around 152 (I believe I heard this), so I imagine that is the upper limit on which he would fight Martinez at.

He weighed in at 151 for the Cotto fight, but was apparently a little sick and lost weight before the fight.

I imagine he would fight Martinez around 150-152, while Martinez would weigh anywhere from 163-166 depending on the circumstances. Who knows maybe Martinez would weigh a little less depending on how he intends to cut weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
        I never meant it would save boxing by any means, but I do think it is a compelling fight that could be marketed well. Floyd is already a great and his legacy could go a bit higher if he fights Martinez depending on the circumstances. Martinez' legacy could also be bolstered as well depending on the circumstances for him. I still think 154 is ok, but I know you disagree.

It is also good when the best fight the best and whether it was Mayweather's fault or not it does reflect poorly on the sport that he and Pacquiao never met in the ring before one of them showed signs of serious decline.

I certainly think it could be a fitting retirement fight for both. I also believe Martinez deserves a shot at Floyd over Canelo who looks to be on course to fight Floyd later this year. I would still rather see Martinez test the waters at 154 against Floyd than see him fight someone like Alexander if Floyd continues to fight into 2014.
        I'm all for the fight over the Canelo one thats for sure. Especially if Canelo fights another can or washed up guy and doesn't actually earn the shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          so why would floyd wanna fight a fight he would get no credit for??if it is at 160 cool other than that it is pointless

and lightweights who jumped 2 divisions?

Duran,Mosley are 2 off the top of my head,only difference is floyd dominated him like he was suppose to plus Jmm called him out lets not forget that part
          Do you ever listen, i said stop making excuses to not see Floyd take a challenge. Getting criticised has never been an excuse for Floyd to not take an opponent fanboy.
          Otherwise he would never have fought JMM, Pacs used goods Cotto, Old man SSM with 5 losses. Coming off of a win over Margarito dont erase everything you know?
          Yes JMM called Floyd out as JMM isnt a cherry picker like Floyd. So when Sergio called Floyd out where is floyd still hiding.
          The excuses keep coming, but the worse thing about the constant excuses are how weak they are.

Comment

Working...
          X