Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella: Calzaghe is P4P1 - would beat PRIME Jones Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacChamp View Post
    Roy Jones Jr never knocked out an elite boxer in his prime, unless delusional roy fans believe montel griffen or whatver his name is, is an elite... LOL... people on here are dumb, they think because roy knocked calzaghe down in the first round, and that because hopkins knock roy down in the first round that they could knock him out in his prime. Yeah right, there knockdowns looked more like flash knock downs compared to byron mitchells knockdown

It's like that time on ESPN Ringside when they were talking about who was
    P4P the best fighter: Guess who Dundee and Lou "I'm overrated and my brilliance was hiring George Benton" Duva said Pep was the greatest of all time. Not sure if one of the old time Italian fighters was on as well...but the Italians picked Willie Pep. Brian just laughed and pointed out that it wasn't a surprise Italians would pick an Italian over Sugar Ray Robinson.

Duva also picks Rocky as the greatest HW.

Bias at it's best.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
      Lou said who is chad dawson? LOL, all the black people in the barber shop I go to know who dawson is. That makes me believe that joe should kick his ass for that very reason, so I can bet them and make some money off joe. LOL

Joes stamina, Joes Heart, Joes Workrate!

Comment

Originally posted by _Ricky_ View Post
        Calzaghe is a FAST punching SOUTHPAW with good FOOTWORK, ACCURACY, ANGLES, HEIGHT ADVANTAGE and WORKRATE.

Not a SMALL, SLOW, fighter with POOR ANGLES, FOOTWORK and ACCURACY.

Glen Johnson is fair enough but even then, Johnson is a lot better than Brannon.
        Calzaghe is not exactly a great athlete in agility. His accuracy is not timing and pin-point accuracy; it's because he throws 100 punches a round; some are bound to hit if you throw around the area of the target.
        Angles? not really. Barrage of punches that come in fast flurries.

Height: Yes.

Either way, Roy back then was incredible...Today, he's shot.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ricky_ View Post
          I agree with Lou DiBella.
          Yeah but you also thought that Hatton would TKO Mayweather in Round 10. Then cowardly lied about it until I brought up the thread. then said "it was a joke". Then put me on ignore and spawned 4,000 alts that spammed and trolled constantly.

So in short; You are an idiot. Who gives a **** what you think you biased nuthugging *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
            His fighters make him money.

Like Larry Holmes said: All fighters are prostitutes and all promoters are pimps.

Trainers...I can see them caring.

If one of his fighters are poor or can't go on because of injury and that fighter doesn't have money to pay his bills...if Lou comes through, sure, then he cares. But it also might be guilt that this fighter made you a ton of money, so...who knows.
            True yeah. Have to agree with you there.

Anybody know what Hopkins said about Lou to cause that libel case??

Comment

Originally posted by mt102879 View Post
              No surprise that he needs to be extra nice to Calzaghe if he wants get one of his fighters in the ring with him.
              I co sign this post exactly Jermaine is looking to get paid by fighting Calzaghe next....Lefty

Comment

I fully agree with Lou workrate kills Roy.

Johnson or dawson would be great even though i think Dawson is the most over-rated fighter of the last 15yrs with Pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by Testdead View Post
                  I fully agree with Lou workrate kills Roy.

Johnson or dawson would be great even though i think Dawson is the most over-rated fighter of the last 15yrs with Pavlik.
                  dawson is a tad overrated

Comment

Thats a good point. I see where you're coming from. However Joe is a champion at the end of his career and can be forgiven for not fighting another young, hungry champion. He already did that in super-middleweight.
                    yes but he didn't do it at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by megadude View Post
                      dawson is a tad overrated
                      that's because light HW is not a very deep division.

Comment

Working...
                      X