No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch-Groves II Scores With Saturday Afternoon Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch-Groves II Scores With Saturday Afternoon Viewers

The highly anticipated rematch between Carl Froch and George Groves fared incredibly well at the box-office, produced a highlight reel ending and – for U.S. cable network HBO – proved to be a worthy Saturday matinee feature.

The May 31 headliner at Wembley Stadium in London proved to be a successful venture in an otherwise risky time slot for HBO, generating an average of 700,000 viewers over the course of their thrilling super middleweight title fight.

Froch (33-2, 24KO) added to his growing stature as boxing’s perennial tough guy, overcoming an early rally to knock Groves out cold in the 8th round of their instant classic.

The bout topped out at 830,000 viewers and overall served as a 42% increase from Froch’s network appearance this time one year ago. His rematch with Mikkel Kessler – in which Froch avenged a 2010 defeat to score a unanimous decision last May – was one of the best fights of 2013, but only playing to an audience of 493,000 viewers on this side of the Atlantic.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Do you think Andre Ward was one of them?

Comment

those are good numbers considering the time, a lot of people are working at that time,

Comment

Good Numbers, Especially for the middle of the day.

Comment

I was one of them. Great fight.

Comment

i have some friends who didn't know that fight was in the afternoon and were waiting for it on saturday night ready with beer and all

Comment

I was there!!!!

Comment

So much for that convenient excuse that overseas fights don't do well on TV in the US. Hell, they didn't even fight at some ******ed local time to accommodate US TV.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  So much for that convenient excuse that overseas fights don't do well on TV in the US. Hell, they didn't even fight at some ******ed local time to accommodate US TV.
                  thats right, and Froch-Groves could've brought in 70,000 fans in the US too!

Comment

Comments Thread For: Froch-Groves II Scores With Saturday Afternoon Viewers

Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Fonfara Creates Thrills, Struggles in Ratings

See the difference? I guess BScene is bias too.

Comment

Working...
                    X