No announcement yet.

I wouldn't mind seeing Andre Ward vs. Stieglitz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Well Stieglitz did earn it, and Froch and Kessler are not available, Bute is fighting Pascal at 175, Dirrell is fighting on FNF, Pavlik retired, Stevenson is fighting Dawson at 175, Rodriguez fights next week.

RS is the best available option out there, and he actually earned it, so I wouldn't mind this fight either. Either that or move up to 175, where there is nobody there yet, because again Bute, Pascal, Dawson, Stevenson, Hopkins are all out of the question, and Cloud and Campillo just lost.
    Nah man, he just pulled out of the fight for no reason. That guy is dunskies for real, such a disgusting waste of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      That was a while back but keep in mind that even Lucian Bute almost got stopped by Andrade.

Sakio Bika against George Groves would be interesting. That would be a real test of what the kid's got.

Damn I just realized the Andrade fight was way back in 2008. Stieglitz has definitely improved since then.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Dirrell is not even fighting on FNF at this point. He pulled out of that fight for "personal reasons."

The guy is skilled and athletically gifted but sadly he is pissing his career away.
        ditto man, maybe he has a note from Dr. Shaw-High

Comment

Wow, people here think Ward is somehow unbeatable; I'm not in the majority I see. Anyone CAN be beaten and Ward likes rough, inside fights or fights where he has space to operate. I don't think Ward will fare well against a taller boxer with speed who can get to him while not getting close while being aggressive. He likes to slow fights down and tie you up but if he can't get on the inside to tie up and he can't reach you from the outside, he is gonna have issues.

There is a reason Ward isn't moving up in weight and has been keen on getting others to come up to him. Hey, if they'll make the move to meet him, then go for it but I'd be willing to bet that Ward wouldn't move up to 175 and rematch Dawson there.

Just pointing out some observations while trying to remain objective.

Comment

I like Dirrell and think he beat Froch.

But it's hard to be a fan of the guy these days since he doesn't move his career forward at all. Maybe it's 50 Cent's fault.

Comment

Working...
            X