Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo Expect Mayweather Jr. Fight in 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its crazy because you can sell tickets you should be respected..... Expect??? Hahaha

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks Canelo is undeserving of a Mayweather payday??? I mean really, who has the kid fought...(old) Baldomir, C-rated Matthew Hatton, (old) Mosley, and a bloated Josesito Lopez?! I understand the kid brings a big Mexican fan base but he hasn't fought anybody of note to even deserve to be considered for this huge opportunity.

I'm curious why Bradley's name has never come up in these May 4th talks. He at least has a legit resume. I HATE BOXING POLITICS!!!

Comment

IF CANELO beats NO DOUBT , nothing wrong HIM fighting MONEY

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
          Am I the only one who thinks Canelo is undeserving of a Mayweather payday??? I mean really, who has the kid fought...(old) Baldomir, C-rated Matthew Hatton, (old) Mosley, and a bloated Josesito Lopez?! I understand the kid brings a big Mexican fan base but he hasn't fought anybody of note to even deserve to be considered for this huge opportunity.

I'm curious why Bradley's name has never come up in these May 4th talks. He at least has a legit resume. I HATE BOXING POLITICS!!!
          No you're not. The only people that like this fight are Floyd fans & that other fanbase that doesn't keep it real & bring a bad name to the real fans that are similar to them.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw35 View Post
            IF CANELO beats NO DOUBT , nothing wrong HIM fighting MONEY
            IF he even takes that fight! Don't be surprised if team Canelo use this whole DUI incident as a way out of that fight. If Canelo actually does step up, I don't see him beating Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              No you're not. The only people that like this fight are Floyd fans & that other fanbase that doesn't keep it real & bring a bad name to the real fans that are similar to them.
              It's a shame because there are so many more deserving fighters out there, one's who for years have actually been fighting hard competition and getting crumbs for paychecks. I'm not a fan of paper champs who get spoon fed easy fights for hefty paydays. Hope Trout gets the Canelo fight and ruins these Mayweather talks.

Comment

Canelo beats Maywether,just watch and see

Comment

"Canelo, check with Pacquiao. Junior presents the illusion; he doesn't have the Ballz

Canelo, don't get your hopes up. You're too big of a risk to Mayweather. He'll never fight you. He made Pacquiao wait more than 4 years because he was too great of a risk. He made Cotto & Mosley wait for more than 10 years, for being too great of a risk. Floyd thinks Guerrero is slow, one dimensional, not big enough, that he will be too fast for Guerrero. Floyd wouldn't fight Sergio Martinez when he had the chance. Floyd lacks ballz, he needs a drink of courage. Mayweather isn't remotely and will never be, the same courageous, legendary fighter that made Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Chavez, Sr., Arguello, even Dela hoya and Mosley. Those guys all fought the best of the best, in their primes, multiple times, win, lose or draw. That's credible, and that's what made them Legends of the sport. Floyd is scared to death to go down that path. Canelo, go fight some one else.
                  Last edited by tlarry; 01-06-2013, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mike3000gt71 View Post
                    Canelo beats Maywether,just watch and see
                    Based on what? That long list of quality opposition Canelo has faced. LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      It's gonna be cringe-worthy watching Floyd go through his routine of hyping Canelo through the build-up. He'll call him a "young strong champion" and he'll talk about how fans never give him the credit he deserves for the risks he takes.

Canelo better fight Trout. Only then does a fight with Floyd make sense.
                      If Canelo fights Floyd and loses, it won't be a big deal. The Trout fight, along with many others, will still be present. But if Canelo faces Trout and loses, there is no fight with Floyd anymore. And his stock would take a big hit. But if Canelo loses to Floyd, his stock will stay intact, unless he gets knocked out early.

I don't really see him fighting Trout instead of Floyd, unless Floyd doesn't feel like taking that fight in May. But it's the biggest fight to make, so it'll be hard for Floyd not to take it.

That's the way I see it at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X