Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Marquez enhance floyds legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

Comment

He's a great fighter so it doesn't mean nothing, but Floyd is too big, too fast and too good defensively, for it to mean a whole lot, him beating a good small man.

Comment

It's another big name on his ledger. I say it gives Floyd more hall of fame credentials, but his biggest wins are forthcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
          why would a win over Cotto mean anything?
          Why would'nt it?

Comment

When the fight is over and Mayweather Gatti’s JMM. I will ensure credit for Mayweather win starts to follow

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
              Why would'nt it?
              because cotto isn't a bonafide HOFer.

p4p JMM > Cotto, but that's not to say that jmm will present more problems for floyd than cotto.

I'd rather see floyd vs. cotto / mosley, but I gotta admit that JMM is better than Cotto p4p.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

p4p JMM > Cotto, but that's not to say that jmm will present more problems for floyd than cotto.

I'd rather see floyd vs. cotto / mosley, but I gotta admit that JMM is better than Cotto p4p.
                What about when he beats Clottey? You dont think it he would be more than worthly to face PBF over JMM...?

In my eyes JMM is getting old and when he gets beat by PBF it will in turn be used agasint the win. I think a solid win over Cotto or Mosley would do more for him IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

but I see your point.

Comment

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
                    Assuming this fight gets made, How much does a win over marquez enhance his legacy, if any? Some call it a tune up, others a legit fight.

The obvious issue is the weight, and how much beating someone who is ranked #2 lb 4 lb in the world, but essentially a jr. lightweight carries?
                    hell ya it does. JMM is p4p #2 in the world. this fight definitley enhances his legacy.

Comment

It all depends on the weight. If it's at 140 it will be epic. If it's at 147 it will be dominent performance for Floyd so it won't mean ****. If Floyd wants this fight to matter he better agree to a catch weight so it's fair for both sides. I really don't undersatnd if you are P4P the best why do need it to be so unfair for you're opponent? If he was a true P4P fighter he would'nt care about advantages. If he were true P4P he would give the advantages to the opponent and still dominate, but he's not and he won't.

Comment

Working...
                      X