Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct From Floyd's Mouth...(On fighting Pac)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct From Floyd's Mouth...(On fighting Pac)

From the Costas interview...

"...Absolutely not. I'm not giving up the split, I can't afford to..."

"With or without Pacquiao, Floyd M is ok. Floyd Mayweather fights for Floyd M.. At the end of the day, Floyd M has to be happy, because when your career is over, when everything is said and done, I have to be happy and I have to be comfortable."
    "Now look at the Ali situation. When Ali can trade it all in... once again, when fans and the people were pushing him to get into the fights that he shouldn't have even been involved with... so guess what, they pushed him. They wanted to see what they wanted, and that's not what Ali wanted. If Ali can trade it in right now, for his health, he would."
    "....I'm in the game to win, not just in the ring, but outside the ring, and my health is more important than everything."

There you have it folks, straight from the horse's mouth. Floyd is scared, not about his 0, but scared of what can happen to him if he fights Pac.

Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post

"With or without Pacquiao, Floyd M is ok. Floyd Mayweather fights for Floyd M.. At the end of the day, Floyd M has to be happy, because when your career is over, when everything is said and done, I have to be happy and I have to be comfortable."
    "Now look at the Ali situation. When Ali can trade it all in... once again, when fans and the people were pushing him to get into the fights that he shouldn't have even been involved with... so guess what, they pushed him. They wanted to see what they wanted, and that's not what Ali wanted. If Ali can trade it in right now, for his health, he would."
    "....I'm in the game to win, not just in the ring, but outside the ring, and my health is more important than everything."

There you have it folks, straight from the horse's mouth. Floyd is scared, not about his 0, but scared of what can happen to him if he fights Pac.

Yup, it was clear cut. Floyd doesn't want anything to do with Pac. The super fight is over.

Bob Costas brought out the inner sanctum of Floyd. He was good grilling it out from Floyd.

To add, Lacson one of our members here said it best.

This interview really opens up what's going on inside Mayweather's head on certain issues. I believe the PEDS and Money matters are just used to draw the attention or distract from the real issue why this fight is not happening. Floyd is definitely scared for his health if he fights Pacquiao. I've heard him mention about health a few times and his father touched up on it also, but I, like everyone else did not take those comments seriously.

Costas' interview technique I think was able to get Mayweather to speak out on his inner thoughts. Not only was he able to expose his financial demands but able to get him to speak out regarding his health as the number one priority. He spoke about Ali, and he was saying how the fans got Ali to fight fights that he didn't want and at the end of the day fights that was not good for him. He's insinuating here that those fights caused Ali's parkinsons.

There's a lot of information in this interview from Mayweather but you need to listen carefully to pick it up.

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. - "I'm in the game to win; not just inside the ring, but outside the ring, and my health is more important than anything."

Bob Costas - "When you say 'your health', if the deal can be made financially, are you implying you have something to fear from Pacquiao?"

I have always suspected that Pacquiao's KO of Hatton had a lasting impression on Mayweather and that's when the PEDs allegations and demands started. Because right after the Pacquiao v. Dela Hoya fight, Mayweather came out of retirement and was excited to make the big fight. Then the day before Pacquiao v. Hatton, Mayweather came out to upstage Pacquiao by declaring his fight with Marquez. But after the Hatton KO, he stayed pretty well quiet and the PEDs stuff started coming out.

We know that this fight will never happen as long as Mayweather demands 100% of the revenue, and I'm sure he knows that Pacquiao will never agree to that. So basically he did that on purpose so that this fight won't ever happen.

Comment

Costas to Pacquiao

Costas: What do you think of Floyd Mayweather?

Pacquiao: Umm umm you mean I'm afraid for my health .

Costas: .

Comment

I think floyd knows boxing well enough to know that pacquiao would be an easy fight for him, i like pacquiao but he is a very limited fighter. To be fair, we have to stop confusing exciting fan favorites with pound for pound elites. Pacquiao is awesome to watch but he has been matched extremely carefully, and he should be, they are aware that if they put him in with a live welterweight like floyd or devon or mike jones, he would get badly hurt.

Comment

Yup. Mayweather saw Pacquiao vs Marquez 3 is immediately said to himself "There's no way that I can stop that beast."

Idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post

direct from floyds mouth...
            Floyds reasons for NOT giving Manny 50/50:
            "how my deal is structured at this particular time in the sport of boxing, i keep 100% of ppv revenue, so why would i even give a guy 50-50. At this particular time, Im not just the highest paid guy in the sport of boxing, IM THE HIGHEST PAID ATHLETE. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but i come first... self preservation. I put myself first and worry about my family. If the fight happens it do. Do iwant the fight happen? Absolutely! If it dont, so be it. Because when my career is over. I cant come to Bob Arum and say i need you to pay my bills." (no you go to Oscar)
            Well Floyd according to Forbs you done even make the top50....Manny did@ #24
            http://www.therichest.org/sports/for...paid-athletes/
            nor made the list here...
            http://www.therichest.org/sports/wor...athletes-2011/
            wow 40 million for Pacquaio (floyd again,dont make the list)
            http://www.mensweekly.co.uk/sports/1...-athletes-2/5/
            espn aint got you there either Floyd (LIAR)
            http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6391391
            Floyd didnt even top a chart...Wonder why this fight wont happen? Scared
            Last edited by PAC-BOY; 03-03-2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

from the same interview

"If the fight happens, it do. Do I want the fight to happen? Absolutely. But if it don't, so be it," said Mayweather

Comment

it would be very difficult for mayweather to backtrack now considering all the things he said here. so it's very clear this fight has no chance of happening. people need to move on and stop talking about it. that would be more effective than bringing it up a thousand times. whole world already knows floyd would have had this fight a long time ago if he wanted it.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather = Liar

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    Floyd Mayweather = Liar
                    But yet you believe this. LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X