Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purses for Saturday: Donaire: $1 million, Arce: $800,000(plus Mexican TV)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    Seems like Arce is getting overpaid. I would assume most people tuning into the fight are watching Donaire and assume it's a landslide victory for him. Arce really isn't bringing in any viewers. I would of thought around the million mark for Donaire and about 300,000 for Arce. Honestly, this fight sucks. Donaire should beat this guy down in a few rounds.
    Arce is popular with the Mexican fans, a lot of Mexicans will tune in. Notice Donaire's ratings are mediocre when he fights a non-Mexican. What was his best one, 1.2million against Montiel? The rest were pretty mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
      i wouldnt count arce out uve seen what memo the juice coach did with marquez look at arce hes never looked in that shape

I'm starting to think you and check hooks are the same person, always on the same shyt

memo,memo,memo

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Can't believe HBO is actually putting up $1.8Million for this crappy ass fight. This fight is worth $500k at best.
        Yea am surprise too, I mean Arce is done but I know he still brings Mexican fans to the table, but still can't believe this fight was approved by HBO.

Comment

Even more of a reason for Arce to retire after this ass whupping.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Can't believe HBO is actually putting up $1.8Million for this crappy ass fight. This fight is worth $500k at best.
            they don't.
            The purses are made by money from TV Networks, sponsors, the venue is actually paying for hosting the fight (it will attract a big audience who will spend money in the venue and surrounding areas)and the promoter is adding their money as well and the estimated money they are getting from a live gate and PPV(if thats the case)

Comment

surprised Arce is getting that much gwap. perhaps cause he's a veteran of the sport. either way good for them both.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
                they don't.
                The purses are made by money from TV Networks, sponsors, the venue is actually paying for hosting the fight (it will attract a big audience who will spend money in the venue and surrounding areas)and the promoter is adding their money as well and the estimated money they are getting from a live gate and PPV(if thats the case)
                HBO is a TV network.

Comment

I would appreciate some help, how do you start a thread? I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe i can't do it from my phone, anybody?

Comment

Damn Arce was smart to pull out of the fight earlier this year, he forced Arum to throw more money at him.

Comment

Working...
                    X