Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the number one attribute you need to be successful against mayweather???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    Baldomir couldn't cut the ring when he got Floyd backing up and it ended up being a long night for Carlos. Castillo, who's not really fast at all, one of the best pressure fighters in his era, because he could cut off the ring against anyone. He cut that ring off the last 7-8 rounds of the first Floyd fight, kept Floyd on those ropes a ton, and beat him I though. I had it 6-6 in rounds, but the one point deduction had me scoring it 114-113 Castillo when I wathced it live. Then, Floyd beat him 8-4 in rounds in the rematch I thought.

The main reason I think Manny will eventually struggle with Floyd IF THEY EVER FIGHT, is because he does not know how to cut the ring off, or at least that's how it looked all 3 times against Marquez. He'd get Marquez backing up, and when Marquez' wasn't countering, Manny would come forward to attack, but couldn't cut the ring off from Marquez and trap him. I think Manny will get Floyd backing up, but he won't be able to keep him backing up into the ropes or trap him, because he can't the ring off to save his mommas life.
    Mayweather dominated Marquez in 12 rounds in 36 minutes, something Manny has yet to to in 36 rounds in 8 years in 3 different weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
      zab was kicking mayweathers ass for the first 5 rounds it wasnt until he gassed out and had his typical zab judah mental breakdown did mayweather start getting back in the fight !!!!!!!! actually it was surprising to many because mayweather was never dominated before like he was by zab!!!!!!!!! zab even made mayweather taste the canvas !!!!!!!!! if judah had a better trainer like freddie roach that could help him harness his devestating speed and power he wouldve beat mayweather that night garanteed !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

speed
        you get nothing if you can't even hit the guy
        he's quick and elusive, so speed is crucial to get punches in
        power doesn't mean much against Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
          zab was kicking mayweathers ass for the first 5 rounds it wasnt until he gassed out and had his typical zab judah mental breakdown did mayweather start getting back in the fight !!!!!!!! actually it was surprising to many because mayweather was never dominated before like he was by zab!!!!!!!!! zab even made mayweather taste the canvas !!!!!!!!! if judah had a better trainer like freddie roach that could help him harness his devestating speed and power he wouldve beat mayweather that night garanteed !!!!!!!!!!!!!
          this isn't true....Mayweather dropped first 2 rounds on 2 cards after getting outlanded 11-5 in power shots in opening 6 minutes. Start of round 3 All Floyd from then on, as he outlanded Judah 153-53 in power shots, including 28-2 in the 9th. Floyd played some “D” as well, as Judah landed in single digits in total connects in 10 of 12 rounds.

so from rounds 3-12 Zab landed in single digits....how did Mayweather get his ass kicked for the first 5 rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
            Mayweather dominated Marquez in 12 rounds in 36 minutes, something Manny has yet to to in 36 rounds in 8 years in 3 different weight classes.
            Not sure what that has to do with my post.............

I was just saying that Pressure is the key to beating Mayweather. When Ortiz applied sustained pressure against Floyd and was able to cut the ring, he had some success, as seen in brief moments in the 2nd round and at the end of the 4th round.

It can't be stupid pressure or you can't pressure him, and let him slip away from you, you have to cut the ring and trap him on the ropes. That's the way to beat Floyd. Castillo in the first fight, he did it well the last 7 rounds of the fight, and arguably beat Floyd. The 2nd fight, Floyd made all the right adjustments and beat him handily.

I only brought up Pacquiao and Marquez to show that Manny doesn't know how to cut the ring off once he has a superior boxer backing up, just look at the 3 fights with Marquez. Against Floyd, Manny's best shot will be to get Floyd backing up and cut the ring, and than throw those crazy combos with Floyd on the ropes. Because if he gets Floyd backing up but can't cut the ring off, the fight will favor Floyd and it could be a long night for Pac. And if Manny let Floyd start walking him down, which I doubt would happen, he has NO SHOT to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
              After the first two rounds, Zab might have one 1 more round, if that. Zab only landed 80 punches for christ sake.

Comment

Quick Mind/Hands Accurace with the quick mind/hands

Comment

Smarts, someone who won't fall for the traps, mind games, and ring generalship of Floyd.
                  Plenty of boxers that may be faster, bigger, or stronger but they all lost.
                  I think you have to have some boxing intelligence to beat Floyd.

Comment

Intelligence, for i have yet to see Mayweather fight a fighter out can outsmart/outthink him him.

Comment

you need to match mayweather's set of skills, and not be a one dimensional hype job.

Comment

Working...
                      X