No announcement yet.

Fat acceptance pisses me off !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The issue I have with fat acceptance is that its really geared towards women, the women who support this couldn't care less about men. Second, many of these lard ass women cry about men being shallow for not dating them because of their weight, refuse to eat right and exercise but insist on dating a ripped guy who lives at the gym. Now I'm not fat and I have no interest in dating a large woman but the hypocrisy is what I find irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        The issue I have with fat acceptance is that its really geared towards women, the women who support this couldn't care less about men. Second, many of these lard ass women cry about men being shallow for not dating them because of their weight, refuse to eat right and exercise but insist on dating a ripped guy who lives at the gym. Now I'm not fat and I have no interest in dating a large woman but the hypocrisy is what I find irritating.
        finally someone smart ! I guess most people just don't know what this fat acceptance is and what it's fighting for. What is more those same fat cows talk bad about fit women, hate them and call them fake. Can't remember the name of this one fit woman who posted her photo with her newborn child and she had a flat stomach in that photo. Those fat acceptance trolls started hating on her for posting that picture because according to them it gives false expectation for women, that it's impossible to look that fit when you're a mother.

Comment

I think the idea that people should be comfortable in their bodies to be a great one. I understand that one's weight can be influenced by many factors, and just by looking at someone it's very difficult to know which ones apply in each case.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't also advocate living productive, healthy lives. If people who are fat are doing what they need to do, then fine. If skinny people are just sitting around doing **** all, they aren't automatically a step up just because they happen to be skinny. In fact, plenty of research now shows that being skinny and not living healthy (sleeping well, exercising, eating well) makes you worse off than fat people (to a point) who do do those things.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I'm cool with fat acceptance if that movement will be aiming to change the focus from how much you weight to how you actually live your life (and the byproduct of that is, that people will probably tend to get skinnier). I'm not cool with it if it will mean telling people that anything they do is ok and that the consequences of their decisions do not matter.

Comment

Why don't you call out Jose in the Dome? BTW, Jose will have you buying his McGriddles by the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              Why don't you call out Jose in the Dome? BTW, Jose will have you buying his McGriddles by the end.
              im not familiar with him.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
                I think the idea that people should be comfortable in their bodies to be a great one. I understand that one's weight can be influenced by many factors, and just by looking at someone it's very difficult to know which ones apply in each case.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't also advocate living productive, healthy lives. If people who are fat are doing what they need to do, then fine. If skinny people are just sitting around doing **** all, they aren't automatically a step up just because they happen to be skinny. In fact, plenty of research now shows that being skinny and not living healthy (sleeping well, exercising, eating well) makes you worse off than fat people (to a point) who do do those things.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I'm cool with fat acceptance if that movement will be aiming to change the focus from how much you weight to how you actually live your life (and the byproduct of that is, that people will probably tend to get skinnier). I'm not cool with it if it will mean telling people that anything they do is ok and that the consequences of their decisions do not matter.
                not really, man. Comfortble being fat is just comfortable being lazy. I believe the whole point of fat acceptance movement is just to find an excuse not to do **** about themselves. If it was only about what's beautiful and what's not .. fine. Let them be fat and proud, but it's about health. So how can you be comfortable being unhealthy ?

Comment

Originally posted by southcentralcar View Post
                  not really, man. Comfortble being fat is just comfortable being lazy. I believe the whole point of fat acceptance movement is just to find an excuse not to do **** about themselves. If it was only about what's beautiful and what's not .. fine. Let them be fat and proud, but it's about health. So how can you be comfortable being unhealthy ?
                  Because they are too lazy to care

But seriously dude, that star and cross

Comment

Originally posted by El Malo. View Post
                    Because they are too lazy to care

But seriously dude, that star and cross
                    elaborate. on the star and cross ? been all around the world shirtless never got a reaction for my tats. What's wrong with that combo ?

Comment

if they want to be fat let them I dont care. Now if its my family member I care, My nephew started getting fat just hanging around playing the computer and xbox all day so I started picking him up everyday and taking him to the gym and he likes it now is back to his slim self, instilling that work ethic in him that this generation seem to have lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X