No announcement yet.

Soliman and N'Dam in the mix for Golovkin Nov. 2nd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Humean View Post
    Embarassing? Weebler is correct that N'Dam is a more credible opponent from a sporting point of view. N'Dam has been WBA interim champ, full WBO champ, and is ranked highly than Stevens. I thought the Quillin fight was close despite the 6 knockdowns, N'Dam was sloppy defensively though against such a hard hitter. What Stevens has going for him is that he is......American.

I imagine the Golovkin Stevens fight will happen. Duva is negotiating hard because she suspects Golovkin has no credible alternatives. Financially Golovkin Stevens probably makes more sense.

Whoever gets the fight stands little to no chance anyway.
    As die hard boxing fans-yes N'dam may be more credible. The fans in NYC just watched him get KD 6 times. WHy would fans pay to see him fight GGG?

respectfully, I think credibility is judged differently by the casual viewer. Stevens, off that win, being from NYC, is an easier sell than Ndam IMO.

Comment

I've been waiting to watch N'Dam again. He was causing Quillin problems..just got dropped so many times.

As i said earlier, im eager to see him in action again..maybe not against GGG though.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
        Embarassing? Weebler is correct that N'Dam is a more credible opponent from a sporting point of view. N'Dam has been WBA interim champ, full WBO champ, and is ranked highly than Stevens. I thought the Quillin fight was close despite the 6 knockdowns, N'Dam was sloppy defensively though against such a hard hitter. What Stevens has going for him is that he is......American.

I imagine the Golovkin Stevens fight will happen. Duva is negotiating hard because she suspects Golovkin has no credible alternatives. Financially Golovkin Stevens probably makes more sense.

Whoever gets the fight stands little to no chance anyway.
        That's the problem with fighting 5 times a year.
        N'dam needs to get a goddamn win first though

Comment

N'dam is the guy Stevens should be fighting if he wants to justify a 300k payday.
          Plus Duva is trying to joke on him against Quillien, let's see Steven put his work in.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            That's the problem with fighting 5 times a year.
            N'dam needs to get a goddamn win first though
            especially when proska and rosado were JMW. Pool is already small.

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
              As die hard boxing fans-yes N'dam may be more credible. The fans in NYC just watched him get KD 6 times. WHy would fans pay to see him fight GGG?

respectfully, I think credibility is judged differently by the casual viewer. Stevens, off that win, being from NYC, is an easier sell than Ndam IMO.
              N'Dam did go the 12 rounds and it was a good and fairly exciting fight, so maybe fans would pay for him? You might be right, HBO doesn't seem to have been keen on him since the Quillin fight so they seem to agree with you. Does Stevens have much of a fan base in NYC?

Comment

n'dam is a good fighter, he gave quillin a lot problems and was probably the better fighter, if it wern't for all the knock downs he would have won. i do think GGG puts him to sleep though.

i haven't actually seen stevens fight, but looking at his resume, he doesn't look all that. jesse brinkley beat him by UD and the scores wern't close, it was in 2010 but still...

n'dam deserves another shot after the heart he showed against quillin, that was a very entertaining fight and i remember a lot of people saying that he had made fans of them.

Comment

Originally posted by the_blueprint View Post
                  n'dam is a good fighter, he gave quillin a lot problems and was probably the better fighter, if it wern't for all the knock downs he would have won. i do think GGG puts him to sleep though.

i haven't actually seen stevens fight, but looking at his resume, he doesn't look all that. jesse brinkley beat him by UD and the scores wern't close, it was in 2010 but still...

n'dam deserves another shot after the heart he showed against quillin, that was a very entertaining fight and i remember a lot of people saying that he had made fans of them.
                  I still think he should at least try to get a win under his belt first though, especially if this is going to be on HBO.
                  Stevens is a little guy with power that likes to bullrush you, he tires out though.
                  The Brinkley fight was pretty hard on him. It looked like he was going to blow him out in the first round, then Brinkley came back to knock him down twice

Comment

Wow this is absolutely insane! Can those of you GGG "haters" who always spew nonsense about him hush up now about how other fighters/opponents feel about facing him?
                    $300,000?!

Stevens calls out golovkin on LIVE TV after his fight and actually says GGG is scared of him. GGGs team make an offer and then Stevens and his handlers now say they want more?!? HAHAHHAHAHA.

Couple things:

A) This just goes to show once again GGG and his people are willing to fight any and every MW at any time.

B) Stevens is being offered 300,000$!!!!! Not only is that the most money he's ever made in his life in one single fight; period...... But that's almost as much as GGG himself made in his last fight against Macklin who is a top 10 MW! Keep In mind Curtis has 6 losses and isn't even in the top 10!

C) IF, and I mean IF (I'm not saying it won't) this figh doesn't get made now, this is a pure DUCK. Come on now- he calls him out, literally what 2weeks later they give Stevens a career PAYDAY AND offer to figt on HBO and win a championship against a top 2 fighter in the division, and the money isn't right? After he already called him out and said he would bath in his blood.

All you keyboard warriors take note..... THIS is what the thought of fighting GGG does to people. Potential opponents know that they could very well be fighting possibly in their last fight before retirement fighting Golovkin. Not only are they looking for career paydays, but they're looking to possibly cash out with their retirement fund.

Comment

WTF. Just fight Mora. He's willing and ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X