Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Talks Fox Deal, Golden Goals, Double Standards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Talks Fox Deal, Golden Goals, Double Standards

by Rick Reeno - Earlier this week, Golden Boy Promotions and Fox Sports announced the finalization of a multi-media rights extension to televise live boxing in the United States and internationally. As part of that multi-year agreement, Golden Boy will establish a new Monday night boxing franchise on Fox Sports 1 [FS1], Fox Sports' new, national multi-sport cable channel launching on August 17the.

Under the new agreement, Fox Sports retains exclusive domestic rights to 48 live two-hour events (featuring two or three fights per event) annually. FS1 is scheduling 24 live events per year, with Fox Deportes, the nation's leading Spanish-language sports network, airing all 48 events live, an increase from 36 in the previous deal. The 24 events on FS1 will all originate in the United States, and most are expected to run on Monday nights once the network launches. Fox Deportes will simulcast the same 24 events as FS1 in Spanish, plus air 24 others that originate from Mexico. The FS1 events will also be available for presentations on Fox Sports regional networks and Fox International Channels [Click Here To Read More]

Schaefer acting like a victim now. Wow.

Comment

Ah, haters and double standards. It's as if a Floyd fan is being interviewed.

Anyway, I'm excited for Monday night boxing. I'm glad we're getting new outlets for the sport. Good job with that, GB.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 04-12-2013, 03:14 AM.

Comment

He wants to talk about drug testing controversies..really...when a future Hall of famer put his own promotion company (GBP) on blast for it..let's not forget the morales situation, or the peterson situation, or wait werent you handling Berto too? Where there is smoke there is fire..I find this guy to be a better versed version of Arum but six times as bad for the sport. They hide behind their leverage of names very very well and put up a p.r. styled front for everything. Remember when they leaked the who makes what in boxing list, a ton of boxers doing hbo/showtime undercards earning less than 60k a year because GBP loves getting their nut coming and going. I can't wait for the day Mayweather retires to see who and what they are going to hide behind.

Comment

Stuff like this is why HBO dropped GBP like it was nothing

Comment

Why are people hating???

We get 24 shows more year now... On Monday night. A night where boxing hasn't existed in the recent past. Be happy you nut riders.

Quit taking sides on promoters and networks. Be happy you get more boxing. Wtf is wrong with all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
              Why are people hating???

We get 24 shows more year now... On Monday night. A night where boxing hasn't existed in the recent past. Be happy you nut riders.

Quit taking sides on promoters and networks. Be happy you get more boxing. Wtf is wrong with all of you.
              Exactly, I'm not sure what the problem is but, people hate just to hate I guess. I'm excited for more events and more exposure for the sport I love. The more exposure, the more talent attracted back to the sport. When you have more talent, you have better fights and attract even more exposure and talent. It's a cycle and if it keeps up it's going to pay big dividends. We may start to see a new era of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                Exactly, I'm not sure what the problem is but, people hate just to hate I guess. I'm excited for more events and more exposure for the sport I love. The more exposure, the more talent attracted back to the sport. When you have more talent, you have better fights and attract even more exposure and talent. It's a cycle and if it keeps up it's going to pay big dividends. We may start to see a new era of boxing.
                in think many ways Schaefer brought it all upon himself. Schaefer often cries about Arum but does the same BS and often does it even worse. he presents GBP as the "good guy" and everybody else as villians.

2ndly Schaefer and Haymon's sweetheart deal with HBO under Greenburg almost tanked boxing on HBO. Greenburg bought up all the mismatches GBP was offering and over paying for fights. all the while other promoters had a hard time getting on HBO because Greenburg gave GBP 1st take for dates.
                the boxing budget when from 100 million plus to around 40 million in the decade or so during Greenburg and Schaefer deal. lots of fans left the sport because of the non competitive fights.

think about it, HBO couldn't cough up 3 million for Juanma vs Gamboa when everybody wanted the fight but they were giving Andre Berto almost a million per apperance.

some years ago Thomas Hauser at secondsout boxing wrote a lot of great articles laying out the problems at HBO and how Greenburg's sweetheart deal with Schaefer and Haymon really sank HBO boxing.

I'm not hating, more boxing is great but if GBP and Haymon stay true to their past track record then a lot of those matches will just be mismatches and apperance fights.

personally I'd rather see a few good fights than have the market flooded with garbage fights. the fox deal is nothing new they used to have the same with univision. SoloBoxeo wasn't all great. usually just mismatches. I understand they are building young fighters but nobody like watching a fight when they know the outcome.

maybe GBP will step it up and I hope they do because that will be the best for boxing.

Comment

Monday nights? Yea that was a smart move. Grow your product by competing with Monday Night Football.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
                    Monday nights? Yea that was a smart move. Grow your product by competing with Monday Night Football.
                    I will be switching back and forth for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X