Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Chad Dawson Get His Proper Respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will Chad Dawson Get His Proper Respect?

When will Chad Dawson Get His Proper Respect? What does this guy have to do? Started out at 168, there was no comp so he moved up to 175 in search of a big fight. He slapped up Darnell Wilson on a come up, then beat up then gatekeeper eric harding ,BOTH Roy and B-Hop priced themselves out of a fight with him after bearing witness to the second coming, so next he DOMINATED Tomaz Adamek, and then proceeded to make a Glen Johnson/Antonio Tarver sandwich besting both twice,the first G.Johnson fight was close(cuz Dawson showed mad heart and slugged it out with him) but the last 3 fights he simply outclassed them. He's been working under 10 yrs and he already has a nice resume. Next up Jean Pascal and watch out 168 he's coming....to be continued....
    Last edited by da beatdown; 06-24-2010, 11:38 PM.

I don't get the criticism either, he is among the best in the world across all weight classes and he has proven it.....you can see his talent and skills in the ring they speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      I don't get the criticism either, he is among the best in the world across all weight classes and he has proven it.....you can see his talent and skills in the ring they speak for themselves.
      His chin is suspect but I think he gets caught napping cuz he's so bored boxing circles around his comp

Comment

Originally posted by da beatdown View Post
        His chin is suspect but I think he gets caught napping cuz he's so bored boxing circles around his comp
        Towards the ends of fights he is dominating he coasts a little bit, I guess thinking about his grocery list and bills since he has everything in control in that ring.........this can get him caught though against a good puncher.

Comment

I really want to see him fight Cloud and Campillo at 175.

Comment

He should fight more often if he wants wider respect. But I've rarely heard anyone who follows the sport talk down on his skill and technique (which I feel are excellent), so he does get the respect he deserves in my mind.

He's not the kind of person that would want to be a showman anyway, just wants to do well enough in the sport and retire young anyway. From what I've read he's not interested in wide acclaim and notierity, he's more of a family man.

Comment

Fight Roy Jones. Then he can call himself a legend killer and retire as an ATG.

Comment

Chad is the man, IMO a clearly top 5 fighter in the World.

Comment

I think inactivity is his biggest drawback. He just can't sit around and wait for big fights. Stay busy, keep winning and they will come.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpentier View Post
                    He should fight more often if he wants wider respect. But I've rarely heard anyone who follows the sport talk down on his skill and technique (which I feel are excellent), so he does get the respect he deserves in my mind.

He's not the kind of person that would want to be a showman anyway, just wants to do well enough in the sport and retire young anyway. From what I've read he's not interested in wide acclaim and notierity, he's more of a family man.
                    As far as him fighting more thats his mgmt/promoters fault. As far as respect I mean p4p wise.These dudes going crazy over ward saying he should be on p4p list and dirrell when they're just getting started @ 168. After he schools Pascal(if he can take Adamek's punch he can take Pascal's) I expect Chad to be # 3 or #4 on the p4p list

Comment

Working...
                    X