Tommy Morrison's son: Trey Lippe Morrison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Here's his last fight against Thomas Jones:

This guy he's fighting is the epitome of a bum; this guy is ****in god awful. I can safely say that I could probably beat Thomas Jones and probably look better doing so.

I'm all for Morrison fighting C level guys but c'mon - at least get someone who's gonna pose somewhat of a challenge

Was he fighting Dan Rafael Jr.?

Morrison Jr. looks to have some nice power, if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Was he fighting Dan Rafael Jr.?

Morrison Jr. looks to have some nice power, if nothing else.
      hes not that big a puncher. he was throwing all arm punches. could you imagine if that was his dad landing even half the amount of punches on that exhausted dude? he would have killed him literally. I wish him well but dont see anything special at all with this kid

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
        hes not that big a puncher. he was throwing all arm punches. could you imagine if that was his dad landing even half the amount of punches on that exhausted dude? he would have killed him literally. I wish him well but dont see anything special at all with this kid
        You're right, it's also worth noting the laughable opposition he was facing. Looks like they just hired average Joes off of a craiglist ad for a few hundred bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          You're right, it's also worth noting the laughable opposition he was facing. Looks like they just hired average Joes off of a craiglist ad for a few hundred bucks.
          yea I know. he had no amateur background so hes pretty much fighting the bottom of the barrel type dudes. hopefully he doesnt get throttled when they finally step him up to a descent level fighter. he needs some major work on defense before they step him up. hes still learning on the job

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
            yea I know. he had no amateur background so hes pretty much fighting the bottom of the barrel type dudes. hopefully he doesnt get throttled when they finally step him up to a descent level fighter. he needs some major work on defense before they step him up. hes still learning on the job

I agree, he needs to get with the right people soon. Similar to Chavez Jr. I suppose, although I highly doubt this kid will have the financial backing and promotional machine behind him early on. He's probably going to get fed to the wolves before people start throwing money his way, it might be sink or swim for him eventually.

Comment

He will most likely accumulate a long streak of wins before being knocked out by a top prospect.

The heavyweight division is no longer a no man's land of open turf. There are young killers like Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker lurking in the shadows.

Comment

His fight last night:

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Here's his last fight against Thomas Jones:

This guy he's fighting is the epitome of a bum; this guy is ****in god awful. I can safely say that I could probably beat Thomas Jones and probably look better doing so.

I'm all for Morrison fighting C level guys but c'mon - at least get someone who's gonna pose somewhat of a challenge
                  Ain't that you and Derranged?

Comment

Trey Lippe will face unbeaten 13-0 Ed Latimore September 23rd:

http://boxrec.com/boxer/678288

This is a huge step up. Morrison has been fighting low tier competition, and rightfully so, since he went pro several years ago. He didn't have an amateur career and has been 'learning on job' like Julio Caesar Chavez Jr. did. Also, I read awhile back that he's training with Freddie Roach so we'll see if it has helped him.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X