Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Government gives you the power to fix boxing. What would you do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government gives you the power to fix boxing. What would you do?

Government gives you the power to fix boxing. You can do 1-2 things to change the game for the better with no limitations. What 1-2 things would you do? You have no limits.

I would do away with multiple promoters and have 1 belt per weight class with a set system on title shots

I would have a panel ofwell known and respected judges made up of pro trainers and fighters, to start with! Who can judge better than them? Have then on life guard styled platforms above the ring or in a sound proof room watching on monitors! Id have ost every fighter. Again for starters! But theres much more to be done!

Comment

1.Create a single legislation that oversees and regulates boxing on a national level.

2.Merge all boxing Organizations and create a single one where each current organization will have shares. But then again the IBF, IBO,WBA and WBC are Global organizations so that's impossible.

America would have to create its own, and sign all the best fighters.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 06-15-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Too many pro boxers can't live off the sport and need to keep regular jobs, I think the figure is around 95%.

So...promote, promote, promote, increase media coverage of the sport that on the long run will create more interest on all levels and bring in more money, bigger purses for fighters, that creates the premise for more talent to become pro. With more boxers able to dedicate fully to training we'd see an increase in quality overall on the long run. More boxers, less tomato cans.

Oh ye and ship Arum to the north pole.

Comment

Originally posted by SERVILEV View Post
          I would have a panel ofwell known and respected judges made up of pro trainers and fighters, to start with! Who can judge better than them? Have then on life guard styled platforms above the ring or in a sound proof room watching on monitors! Id have ost every fighter. Again for starters! But theres much more to be done!
          The judge idea is actually really good

Comment

Working...
          X