Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its been clear that no1 discusses fantasy fights with mayweather @ 130-140 because

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its cuz not many people on here know lighter weight greats

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      The reason is that most of the people who post on this message board never saw Floyd fight at 130, 135 and 140. They talk a lot about the fight with Castillo, but 98 percent of them never actually saw the fight.

Also, talking about his performances at 130-140 would kill the hater's buzz because no one can argue that he didn't fight or beat the best opponents in those divisions.
      Spot on. Every time someone brings up Castillo 1 I know there almost no chance they even watched the fight or they'd know Mayweather was likely up 60-54 after 6 rounds before dislocating his shoulder. Pretty hard to lose a fight after being up 6-0. And Mayweather won at least 2 more rounds after that. After the fouls that was a 115-111 fight. All people remember is that Castillo had Mayweather on the ropes a few of the late rounds. He dislocated his shoulder against the best light weight in the world and still beat him. And then gave him an immediate rematch and beat him again. Any other fighter would have been a legend for what he did against Castillo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
        Prepare yourself for an onslaught of the unbeatable 'the Duran Of Montreal' posts.

And for the record, PBF probably takes it at caneloweight and MW, with a Camacho like stick and move performance.
        dont no about that but it would be close

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
          No its because a lot of posters here are very new to the sport and never watched his fights at lower weights..thats why they say stupid stuff like he ran and hugged his entire career
          i am just tired of all of the ggg vs mayweather threads.

why would ne one want to see that? mayweather is old and smaller

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
            Spot on. Every time someone brings up Castillo 1 I know there almost no chance they even watched the fight or they'd know Mayweather was likely up 60-54 after 6 rounds before dislocating his shoulder. Pretty hard to lose a fight after being up 6-0. And Mayweather won at least 2 more rounds after that. After the fouls that was a 115-111 fight. All people remember is that Castillo had Mayweather on the ropes a few of the late rounds. He dislocated his shoulder against the best light weight in the world and still beat him. And then gave him an immediate rematch and beat him again. Any other fighter would have been a legend for what he did against Castillo.
            Castillo out worked him in every stat Jabs landed, Power Punches, body punches Landed I believe he beat him by over 100 power punches and Floyd is up 6 rounds to 0 man someone needs to Slap you silly. Trust me Floyd never dislocated his shoulder the bone pops up in the air and the pain is excruciating and you can't hold your arm up it goes down and you can't lift it. I know thats what ended my Nephews amateur career. Floyd never had surgery to correct this and you can't box after a dislocation The Labrum tears meaning all the Cartilage that surrounds the ball and socket of the joint is torn and the surgeon must remove it than anchors are place to hold the joint if you continue to box those anchors just rip off. Happen to my nephew and I know some Jerk off will say Vitali dislocated well he didn't he had a rotator cuff tear totally different

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              DeJesus beat Duran and Floyd is better than him , Floyd is better than most who beat Duran .

Floyd would out box Duran for UD .
              But, but, but he didn't take that fight seriously so he didn't train properly. He was also partying.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                The reason is that most of the people who post on this message board never saw Floyd fight at 130, 135 and 140. They talk a lot about the fight with Castillo, but 98 percent of them never actually saw the fight.

Also, talking about his performances at 130-140 would kill the hater's buzz because no one can argue that he didn't fight or beat the best opponents in those divisions.
                Another person's sees it this way. I felt this way about it at times. preaching to the choir in the bolded. we do have youtube. wish these casual azz fans would watch some boxing before 2010

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Chavez was a much better fighter than Castillo. You are right that they had different styles and strong points. Chavez punched harder, took a punch better and was harder to hit cleanly. Chavez also worked the body better and finished stronger. Chavez had a much longer prime and was far more consistent. Casillo is generally remembered as a very good fighter in his somewhat short prime while Chavez is always remembered as a great fighter.
                  after a fight like Castillo-Corrales 1...no fighter would be the same.

Castillo had a solid 5-6 years where he was the class of the 135 pound division and a yearly p4p entrant

that being said. I think JCC is a bit too methodical and is quite as dirty as JLC....he rought guys up more with grabbing and hitting, low blows, hip shots, any thing to land. JCC was more nice and neat.

A fighter being greater doesnt mean they'll deal with a particular style better or fighter. JLC dealt with boxers and movers a lot better than JCC. He also cut the ring off better, had a better jab, and could actually counter from the outside working his way in.

I think Mayweather vs JCC at their absolute best would be a good fight but a clear win for mayweather who would outbox the methodical jcc on a pivot and counter his ears off. JCC will get it done more inside but mayweather is also a very good inside fighter and off the ropes. JCC is great inside but many people forget he got worked over inside by whitaker. 8-4 mayweather.....JCC is a slow starter and by the time he warms up mayweather will have his timing and distance down

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
                    Fair enough

Roberto Duran v Floyd Mayweather at 132 pounds.
                    Roberto Duran v Floyd mayweather at 140 pounds
                    Roberto Duran v Floyd Mayweather at 147 pounds
                    Roberto Duran v Floyd Mayweather at 154 pounds
                    Roberto Duran v Floyd Mayweather at caneloweight
                    Roberto Duran v Floyd Mayweather at 160 pounds.
                    Duran...my man :ROCK:

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      Castillo out worked him in every stat Jabs landed, Power Punches, body punches Landed I believe he beat him by over 100 power punches and Floyd is up 6 rounds to 0 man someone needs to Slap you silly. Trust me Floyd never dislocated his shoulder the bone pops up in the air and the pain is excruciating and you can't hold your arm up it goes down and you can't lift it. I know thats what ended my Nephews amateur career. Floyd never had surgery to correct this and you can't box after a dislocation The Labrum tears meaning all the Cartilage that surrounds the ball and socket of the joint is torn and the surgeon must remove it than anchors are place to hold the joint if you continue to box those anchors just rip off. Happen to my nephew and I know some Jerk off will say Vitali dislocated well he didn't he had a rotator cuff tear totally different
                      You score a fight round by round and there is just no way for me to find 7 rounds that Castillo won, or even 6. Mayweather's shoulder was mush by the start of round 11 and Castillo probably got half his power punches for the whole fight landed in those last two rounds, but he was already down 8-2 or 7-3 before that and contrary to what people remember most of the rounds weren't that tough to score. The impression those last two rounds gave are what has lasted, but round by round, even if you scored the close rounds for Castillo, the best you can come up within a 6-6 fight, or a draw, but that's really really pushing it. Madaina came closer to beating Mayweather than Castillo did, and you know what? Mayweather gave Madaina an immediate rematch too, Floyd has been in 2 close fights his whole career and gave both guys immediate rematch and beat them more decisively the second time around, he doesn't get nearly enough credit for that. Especially fighting Madaina again after how dirty he was, no one would have blamed Floyd for not fighting a dirty Madaina a second time. Imagine if Leonard would have given Hagler an immediate rematch and then beat him more decisively the second fight.
                      Last edited by Johnny2x2x; 05-27-2016, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X