Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Closing 2012: BoxingScene Pound-for-Pound Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no complaints about that list at all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Carl Froch is also on ESPN's Top 10 PFP list and Yahoo's Top 10 PFP list.

The guy has earned his place.
      The reasons some put Froch in a Top 10 P4P are twofold, Feebler...

1. To justify Ward's high ranking/make him look better...

2. To keep getting all that traffic from The Land of the Foolish Superfans...

You know how many of you are always online and posting in these forums....

Fun Fact: Benn and Eubank were NEVER recognized as consensus Top 10 P4Pers.

Funnier Fact: How about that December 8th?....2007 and 2012....Hatton AND Pacquiao.

Greatest day EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post
        1. To justify Ward's high ranking/make him look better...
        Do you not rate Ward then?

Fun Fact: Benn and Eubank were NEVER recognized as consensus Top 10 P4Pers.
        With the internet and greater to access foreign-based fights the US writers who compile these lists are much better informed today than they were in the 90s.

Gerald McClellan was rated #8 by Ring Magazine prior to the Benn fight, and also #7 by KO Magazine.

Benn beat him and Eubank was better than Benn (and Watson probably better than both).

So...if they weren't in the discussion, they probably should have been.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 12-30-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
          You hate Ward. How can you argue the only guy who cleaned out a tough division. Show me the fighter who didnt have a tough fight with Bika. SOG is not going to be the underdog unless he moves to HW. In that aspect you're saying he should be docked spots because he's likely to win. Thats not logical.

This is a good list. Mine would differ slightly but I cant argue with this list to much. Definitely Ward is number 1.
          No sir, Donaire also cleaned out a tough division or two or in the past couple of years as he continues his ascent. Martinez also cleaned out a very tough division, one 6 pounds north of his natural weight. Marquez also cleaned out the talented lightweight division and then left it behind for bigger game. I'm not complaining about the quality of Ward's opposition. It's been outstanding. However, it does not warrant him a number one or two p4p ranking. It should have been long ago given to Klitschko for what he's done at heavyweight, if you can earn it from just fighting in one division.

On a final note, watch Bute Bika. Bika wins maybe 2 rounds. I had Ward Bika a draw. My list goes:

1. Mayweather
          2. Marquez
          3. Donaire
          4. Ward
          5. Martinez
          6. Wlad
          7. Vitali
          8. Mares
          9. Viloria
          10. Froch

Comment

Actually, drop Froch and slip Pacquaio in at 8 right behind Vitali

Comment

Great list, exactly how i would have it but with Froch and Vlad switched up

Comment

Placement is always debatable, but I agree with all the fighters there.

Comment

Switch Wlad with Ward. Also, Vitali should be on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                    No sir, Donaire also cleaned out a tough division or two or in the past couple of years as he continues his ascent. Martinez also cleaned out a very tough division, one 6 pounds north of his natural weight. Marquez also cleaned out the talented lightweight division and then left it behind for bigger game. I'm not complaining about the quality of Ward's opposition. It's been outstanding. However, it does not warrant him a number one or two p4p ranking. It should have been long ago given to Klitschko for what he's done at heavyweight, if you can earn it from just fighting in one division.

On a final note, watch Bute Bika. Bika wins maybe 2 rounds. I had Ward Bika a draw. My list goes:

1. Mayweather
                    2. Marquez
                    3. Donaire
                    4. Ward
                    5. Martinez
                    6. Wlad
                    7. Vitali
                    8. Mares
                    9. Viloria
                    10. Froch
                    I said a tough division. Cleaned out means everybody. Neither Donaire or Martinez has fought anybody dangerous in well over a year. And they have also been favored in every single fight by mostly wide betting margines and public opinion. You really don't like him and its cool but don't be shy about it. Be bold.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                      I said a tough division. Cleaned out means everybody. Neither Donaire or Martinez has fought anybody dangerous in well over a year. And they have also been favored in every single fight by mostly wide betting margines and public opinion. You really don't like him and its cool but don't be shy about it. Be bold.
                      Ok, I don't like his black ass but I still rooted for him against Dawson

Comment

Working...
                      X