Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for old-school Pacquaio fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first saw him against some colombian guy back in 02' i think and what i saw back then was speed and power. never really expected him to achieve what's been done

Comment

I never saw him fight in the 1990s. However, I still believe that Pacquaio used illegal PEDs during those early years, starting around or before his fight with Marco Antonio Barerra up until 2010 or 2011 and those illegal drugs have helped him become the great fighter that he is. Illegal PEDs have been used extensively in all sports, baseball, football, track, etc for the last 20 years by start athleted and I am sure they have been used in boxing too by many stars, including Pacquiao. The fact that he hasn't been caught is simply the result of the subpar drug testing protocols that exist in boxing. After all, Jose Canseco, Mark McGwire and Marion Jones never got caught either.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        I never saw him fight in the 1990s. However, I still believe that Pacquaio used illegal PEDs during those early years

so you admit to never seeing him fight but you're convinced he was juicing? i love floyd's online children

Comment

became a fan

after the ledwaba fight. after the barrera and morales fights, i figured hed become a star in the lower ranks...to my surprise, he's become an atg. good for him

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            I never saw him fight in the 1990s. However, I still believe that Pacquaio used illegal PEDs during those early years, starting around or before his fight with Marco Antonio Barerra up until 2010 or 2011 and those illegal drugs have helped him become the great fighter that he is. Illegal PEDs have been used extensively in all sports, baseball, football, track, etc for the last 20 years by start athleted and I am sure they have been used in boxing too by many stars, including Pacquiao. The fact that he hasn't been caught is simply the result of the subpar drug testing protocols that exist in boxing. After all, Jose Canseco, Mark McGwire and Marion Jones never got caught either.
            And where exactly did he get the money for these undetectable drugs?

Comment

Manny was a one demontional fighter nothing special just entertaining to watch, what he has become is a surprise to all even his biggest fan boys like PAC fan or whatever his name is. Props to manny and roach for making him who he is today!
              Someone like sugar Ray Leonard (did I spell that right) you could see that he was special and had the skill to be an ATg.
              So for manny to go from what he was to what he became and be this global icon is just plain nuts!

Comment

When I saw Pacquiao's fights back then I thought that he was just a typical street filipino guy who is fighting in the ring with no boxing skills. All I saw was that he was just one of those guys that we see on the regular days in the streets fighting all out punching til the other fighter wears out or ends up knocked out. those were during the 90's when Pacquiao wasn't even that famous in the Philippines.

Then when I moved in the US in 2000 I kept hearing that Pacquiao will be soon fighting frequently in the US. When Pacquiao got his break thru here in the US announcers can't even pronounce his name so me and my family were just laughing about it. His first fight with Barrera me and my family were laughing our azzes off. We were like "this guy is away kalye (street bum fighting)." Pacquiao was just wilding out.

For me I never thought Pacquiao would be big. I thought that Morales will be the last famous fighter he'll ever face and he'll be gone after that. So when he fought Morales 3 it exceeded any Filipino's dream that someone like Pacquiao who was from the very poor became what he is today.

So I still thank him for bringing our country to the map.

Comment

Working...
                X