Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Erik Morales vs Manny Pacquiao - Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
    Excellent post. People point to the Hatton and Cotto fight but NEITHER had Morales' right hand to the body/head nor were they able to gauge distance as well as Morales did.

Don't even get me going on comparing Morales' chin to Hatton's or Cotto's. No offense to Hatton or Cotto but Morales was granite in his prime.
    They also forget that Morales is an ATG with the skills and assets to back it up.

Hatton and Cotto are just good.

Comment

Well if a fading Morales beat Pacquiao then....

Comment

Pacquiao by KO round 9

Comment

of all the fights in the morales-pacquiao trilogy, the most closest and actioned pack was the 1st fight (the 12th round was the best round of the decade for me), the only reason pacquiao lost momentum in that fight was because of the severe cut he suffered during a headbutt (unintentional). pacquiao should have won that fight with sheer power and speed alone, but morales took advantage of pacquiao momentary vunrability and kept moving to pacquiao's blind side (shows great ring intelligence). if it's weren't for the cut on pacquiao, i have no doubt he would have unleashed a lot more accurate cannon balls and TKO'ed morales in the 12 round for being reckless (more fighter than boxer)

Comment

past it Terrible already beat prime Pac
            prime Terrible beats him a little more clearly

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
              of all the fights in the morales-pacquiao trilogy, the most closest and actioned pack was the 1st fight (the 12th round was the best round of the decade for me), the only reason pacquiao lost momentum in that fight was because of the severe cut he suffered during a headbutt (unintentional). pacquiao should have won that fight with sheer power and speed alone, but morales took advantage of pacquiao momentary vunrability and kept moving to pacquiao's blind side (shows great ring intelligence). if it's weren't for the cut on pacquiao, i have no doubt he would have unleashed a lot more accurate cannon balls and TKO'ed morales in the 12 round for being reckless (more fighter than boxer)
              You are forgetting Pacquiao was weakened by the extra blood tests. Morales hired people to lose the vials so they had to take a pint of blood from Pacquiao seconds before the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                Morales kept interrupting his offensive and not knowing what to do, Pacquiao quickly backed up and Morales followed him with punches. He was getting hit over and over just like that, with his ineffective high-guard leaving him open.

Morales was enacting his game plan before the cut, without it the same thing would've happened but maybe less clearly. Morales cut him because Pacquiao wasn't defending himself well. That's solely on Manny.

And if Pacquiao was still being competitive by the 12th, I doubt Erik would've gone southpaw and given him that shot. That's the ballsiest taunt I have ever seen from one ATG to another.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                  You are forgetting Pacquiao was weakened by the extra blood tests. Morales hired people to lose the vials so they had to take a pint of blood from Pacquiao seconds before the fight.
                  damn pac's promoter...that time

Comment

Originally posted by RetiringScene View Post
                    damn pac's promoter...that time
                    Murad got swindled on the gloves issue too pare
                    it was the gloves' fault dammit! fuck those Winning gloves! :laugh:

Comment

Morales.......

Comment

Working...
                      X