Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Julio Cesar Chavez, Sr. at 140 Lbs. Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chavez wins by ko . Chavez determination to win and iron chin just too much for Pac. Seems that are many still in a trance with all the media hype HBO made out of Pac

Comment

Chavez Sr. by 10rd tko

We all know Chavez Sr bending was his best defensive weapon , didn't have to move around like other fighters do today! so his stamina and endurance takes his to fight 12 rds without a sweat....His best OFFENSIVE weapon was the body punch to the liver, that means his opponents would suffer the consequences of having their guard down and their stamina and also endurance down in late rds (like Taylor , Martinez,Rosario, Ramirez,Camacho and many more) So if Chavez would had fought Pac , which his most powerful weapon is basically speed and movement, in the late rds would basically would have had diminished (THAT'S WHAT BODY PUNCHES DO) and having one of the greatest KO artist of history what do you think would had happened? And don't tell me that Morales,Bradley or even Marquez were a better fighters than the great JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ Sr. (his son is a different story ,BUM) To mexicans Chavez is the like BABE RUTH OR JORDAN their legacy is unmatched!

Comment

Chavez not as good at 140 as he was in the lower divisions but Pacquiao makes too many mistakes to beat him. Too many.

Comment

Chavez sr by late ko or close UD. He has very under rated defense on being able to block punches with his arms & hands also bending at the waist as he comes in to atack the body. The few times I've seen PAC in trouble were due to body atacks (2 ko losses & Margarito) now considering he'd be against one the GREATEST body body punchers of all time, that can punch with both hands, iron chin & his determination to win... I see him breaking down PAC physically & mentally in the late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
            Chavez wins by ko . Chavez determination to win and iron chin just too much for Pac. Seems that are many still in a trance with all the media hype HBO made out of Pac
            Thats unfair considering almost every posters response has been justified with valid arguments about their style matchup and differing strengths/weaknesses.
            Maybe its you who needs to clear your head of the 'pac.tards' vs 'flo.mo' battles.

Comment

Wow, so far we have Pac knocking both prime Duran and prime Chavez out at their best weights. Gets beaten by a 40 year old lightweight, can't knock out a weak punching Bradley or a 40 year shot to **** Mosley, but he stops prime Duran and Chavez? Ok.

Anyway, the speed wouldn't be as much of a factor as people think. Against guys who can slip and counter very effectively, and get inside using angles, rather than just standing in front of him, Pac gets lost, makes too many mistakes and just gets hit too cleanly. Chavez's defense very underrated as was his ring savvy and countering.

I think he hurts Pac to the body and really has a big effect on him that way and takes a close, but clear decision ala the first Morales fight.

Add this to Chavez' obvious offensive, power, countering, and other skill capabilities.

How quickly people forget.

Comment

i think pac wins a close decision over senior in a great fight ... but did somebody mention duran? lol he would abuse manny

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  Thats unfair considering almost every posters response has been justified with valid arguments about their style matchup and differing strengths/weaknesses.
                  Maybe its you who needs to clear your head of the 'pac.tards' vs 'flo.mo' battles.
                  look at all my post and you find that i dont get into these flo or tards vs crap debates and you are the only one talking about these groups of nutjobs JACKASS how about you clear your head numbnuts my post had nothing to do with your bullcrap response. I see right through these media hype created fighters and that includes Floyd Mayweather, Chazves jr ,Canelo, Boner ect..

Comment

Pac would get toyed with until Chavez decides to ko his punk a$$$$$. Pac speed wont be a factor like people think. You have to have ring IQ to use speed effectively and pac already proved that his ring IQ is a joke that his speed was nothing against jmm. It is a clear mismatch. Were talking about a fighter that was supposed to be a two handed fighter and that he improved so much over the years only to get humiliated by an old blown up Marquez. Pac is a media hype created fighter nothing but a smoke screen fooling people into thinking that pac is some great fighter and I almost believed it until Marquez exposed him.

Comment

What no poll?

My vote goes for Chavez Sr

Comment

Working...
                      X