Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knee looks good. Cotto finna die.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
      Me neither, the guy is near 40 and fighting GGG at his age proves nothing.

beating golovkin would get martinez on the hall of fame ballot. depending on what golovkin accomplishes, it would be one of his best wins, if not his best. i'm not sure he'd get in, but he'd get on the ballot if he isn't already.

it would prove plenty if he could beat golovkin, but proving things doesn't pay the bills. martinez made very little money in boxing until he was well into his 30's.

Comment

Sergio is smart to avoid GGG because he'd get beat badly. However as the champ he's had chances since his rehab after fighting Junior to meet GGG to accept those challenges. To me he is NOT the champion GGG is.
        The middleweight champ is defending his title against a junior middleweight who has NEVER fought at 160! It would be different if Sergio had defeated the top tier middleweights but he hasn't. Cotto has done nothing to earn the fight and Sergio is a poor champion to avoid GGG. It's pretty simple.
        Ray

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          i also don't blame martinez and his people for staying away from golovkin. he's on ppv against f#cking miguel cotto. they made the right move. lou dibella isn't dumb. he's much more of an honest man than your average promotor as well.
          No one in his position would fight GGG instead of Cotto. Martinez is about to retire and deserves a big payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Stark777 View Post
            No one in his position would fight GGG instead of Cotto. Martinez is about to retire and deserves a big payday.
            GGG has been calling him out for nearly 2 years now I think. Initially I thought Martinez was right because in the beginning he would refuse the fight by saying that GGG needs to build a name for himself but now looking back all these years it does look like he intentionally avoided him all along.

Comment

martinez has been looking old for a while now. i'll be happy when the MW championship can move out of his hands and into golovkin's. it will probably only be in the event of martinez retirement. everybody knows who the best middleweight on the planet is.
              i think martinez-ggg would be ppv, but not as big as this fight

Comment

He has an elbow brace too?! And he can barely duck under those ropes. In past videos he never used to hit them that much. Let alone having his head get caught on them.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

i also don't blame martinez and his people for staying away from golovkin. he's on ppv against f#cking miguel cotto. they made the right move. lou dibella isn't dumb. he's much more of an honest man than your average promotor as well.
                  That's the biggest bullshit I've read today. Dude is just as much of a snake if put in the same shoes of others. Hell maybe even worse. The way he was with Berto and others proved it to me.

Comment

he certainly is a young 39 year old, but his best days are behind him. this fight is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                      GGG has been calling him out for nearly 2 years now I think. Initially I thought Martinez was right because in the beginning he would refuse the fight by saying that GGG needs to build a name for himself but now looking back all these years it does look like he intentionally avoided him all along.
                      No. Golovkin was unknown and unproven until he beat Macklin. By that point, Martinez was already injured. Golovkin is a very recent trend.

Comment

Working...
                      X