No announcement yet.

How many calories should a day ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many calories should a day ?

I'm 14 years old, around 5'2 and around 99/100 pounds, I run at least 31 miles a week and do at least three 55-60 minute sessions of Chinese boxing/traditional kung fu a week plus I sometimes do around 20 minutes of boxing on the heavy bag, putting body force into most shots and no weak stuff, how much calories do you think I should have a day to maintain the weight ? thanks
    Last edited by cosmic; 04-09-2012, 09:27 AM.

Following the standard formula for calculating BMR --

Code:
    BMR = 665 + (4.35 * bodyweight in lbs) + (4.72 * height in inches) - (4.7 * age in years)
    -- gives 1326 calories. You do a moderate amount of exercise, so by Haris-Benedict, you need a total of roughly 2056 calories to maintain weight.

These won't be totally accurate though; both equations assume normal body composition; you're still growing, so you will probably need more calories to account for that.

Why on earth are you counting calories anyway? You're 14. You should be able to eat like a horse.

Comment

I am agree with him...... bro you are very young, you should be eating like a dinosaur and running like a horse.

Comment

Originally posted by TKD1 View Post
        I am agree with him...... bro you are very young, you should be eating like a dinosaur and running like a horse.
        im interested and would like to know to be honest and them calories seem too low for me to be honest... thanks for the opinion

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
          im interested and would like to know to be honest and them calories seem too low for me to be honest... thanks for the opinion
          As I said, those formulas are for adults, so they will be fairly innacurate in your case.

Comment

your one of those kids

So ****ing great and **** I HATE YOU AND I"M ****ING JEALOUS I DIDN"T START AS EARLY AS YOU!

but I have no clue if kids should be inputting a lot of calories, but going off your workout I woud say eat tons, and at your age you coud probably eat whatever you want + Neccessary stuff like carbs and protiens and vegetables. You're still growing So don't skimp on those vitamins and veggies@!@!
            Last edited by Be_kind_rewind; 04-12-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

I have a limit of 2,249 a day. I make sure I don't go over that and I'm all good.

Comment

same, although I don't care if I eat around 2,400 since that's probably good aswell

Comment

Well I personally think that we need to have 2200 calories in the day which is good amount from health point of view . Other people would have different opinions on this value . I would also be pleased to know from you about it .

Comment

well I burn about 500 calories through activity usually + calories burned from walking around and stuff, cooking, general shizzle and bmr adds up to around something like 2300-2400,

Comment

Working...
                    X