Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto going SOLO, bye bye Arum/Top Rank (according to PR newspaper)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
    Only the Cotto haters say that. Clearly no real boxing fan would. Cotto's got alota mexican haters right now due to his beatdown of Margarita.
    Lmao @ beatdown. Seriously? It was a boxing lesson similar to the one Oscar gave Tito for 9 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Margarito beat him into submission, Cotto couldn't take it anymore. I don't know another way I can describe it.

And, are we going to ignore that Floyd fought Judah before? We going to say Hatton Absolutely not, Ortiz meh. But, mention Judah, Clottey, and even Quintana as good wins for Cotto?

Nah....Floyd has a better resume at WW IMO.
      Yea that's exactly what I'm gonna say. The fashion in which he beat Judah, Clottey, the version of Mosley he fought, and an undefeated Quintana are better collective wins than Judah, Baldomir, Hatton, Mosley, and Ortiz. Without a doubt, I don't see how it's debatable. Cotto's body of work at WW is stronger than Floyd's.

And yea no **** Margarito beat Cotto into submission. But to say it was a one sided fight is inaccurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
        According to Primera Hora, Gabriel Peñagarícano, Cotto's legal advisor, has told them that Cotto will follow De la Hoya's and Mayweather's lead and plans to go solo. There is a good relationship with Arum, but he wishes to make more fights, and wishes to fight with other promotions also. So he will negotiate fights one-by-one and represent himself.

"Very few boxers can afford this luxury. Those who do are without a doubt the main eventers of their PPVs", said Peñagarícano.

Source: PRIMERA HORA, Carlos González
        http://www.primerahora.com/miguelcot...fe-598890.html
        ...and Cotto can keep like 80% of his event profits, unlike with Arum.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          Yea that's exactly what I'm gonna say. The fashion in which he beat Judah, Clottey, the version of Mosley he fought, and an undefeated Quintana are better collective wins than Judah, Baldomir, Hatton, Mosley, and Ortiz. Without a doubt, I don't see how it's debatable. Cotto's body of work at WW is stronger than Floyd's.

And yea no **** Margarito beat Cotto into submission. But to say it was a one sided fight is inaccurate.
          I said Margarito gave him a beat down. If he beat Cotto into submission how is that not a beatdown? You don't extra credit for that.

And, the fashion he beat Judah and Clottey? Really? No it's not stronger body of work than what Floyd got. Those are not better collective wins. We just going to have to disagree with that one.

Comment

• Can never hurt to look out for #1. Looking forward to Mayweather-Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post

Yes he did beat him. But everyone knows that it’s a very questionable victory with a huge “*” and unknowns.

People are always talking smack on the Clottey fight but the truth is that Cotto was completely dominating and the head butt was the equalizer.

Non-bias/non-haters individuals understand that this was the only reason the fight went the distant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                I wouldn't bite the hand that feeds you.

Why would Cotto want to leave Top Rank, they've done pretty good job with him.
                You must still live with your mom at like age 32.

Just because your guided and taken care dont mean you dont move on to bigger and better.

Not to mention that Cotto made Arum alot of money too. It was not a one way street.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  I said Margarito gave him a beat down. If he beat Cotto into submission how is that not a beatdown? You don't extra credit for that.

And, the fashion he beat Judah and Clottey? Really? No it's not stronger body of work than what Floyd got. Those are not better collective wins. We just going to have to disagree with that one.
                  I meant the fashion in which he beat Judah as opposed to how Floyd beat him. I certainly wasn't trying to gloat about the way he beat Clottey.

Yea looks like that's one we'll have to agree to disagree on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    He's not boXing's 3rd biggest draw. His market is mostly NY/PR.

He can't even sell out Vegas on his own. His nuthuggers make Cotto be a DLH type.
                    LOL what a hater I can see your butt still sore.

Good move for Cotto that while he still be linked to Arum he'll have more flexibility to make fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                      LOL what a hater I can see your butt still sore.

Good move for Cotto that while he still be linked to Arum he'll have more flexibility to make fights.
                      Wow! I have not been on here for a while but I do remember ms fantastic (the angry Mexican) that always hates on Puerto Ricans and was always riding Cheatos burrito.

He must be really angry ..he is such a ho.

Comment

Working...
                      X