Clear All

Originally posted by G A M E View Post
    super zab judah

going by how many chances this dude gets. lol
    ....good one!

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
      no but whos the southpaw HOF that floyd has fought?...lol
      The point is not that those lefties are so great but considering the crop of southpaws in the past 15 years it is a decent set. Certainly the lefties Pac has faced dont compare. Hell someone tried to throw in Morales's last minute switch and count it as a SP match up. You ever noticed you Pacquiao fans do a lot of reaching to down grade Floyd Jr. One punch here and one round there is all you have to stand on. Its fukin embarrassing Puga so stop it now. I mean it.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        The point is not that those lefties are so great but considering the crop of southpaws in the past 15 years it is a decent set. Certainly the lefties Pac has faced dont compare. Hell someone tried to throw in Morales's last minute switch and count it as a SP match up. You ever noticed you Pacquiao fans do a lot of reaching to down grade Floyd Jr. One punch here and one round there is all you have to stand on. Its fukin embarrassing Puga so stop it now. I mean it.
        I threw in Morales in my count because I always see the *******s claiming he counts as a southpaw

Comment

All bull**** aside Floyd does have some problems with southpaws and if thats what Puga is trying to get across then he is right. Floyd fights southpaws differently because of the angles that they attack him in.

Im not saying Floyd sucks against southpaws because he clearly doesnt. When Floyd fights southpaws he squares up more than he usually does and he actually puts power behind his punches to actually try to hurt them and he does alot of body punching and his main weapon is a straight right hand. He usually waits to see what they got and how they attack for a few rounds and those are the rounds in which he looks the most uncomfortable and then he adjusts to their speed and angles and starts taking the fight to them behind a high guard but it has always made him uncomfortable and he does get hit more often when he fights southpaws, that is true.

Ive seen Floyd get rocked and caught clean by southpaws because the angles are just different and hes so use to fighting orthodox fighters that his defensive movements are designed to throw them off but against a southpaw they are somewhat nullified because he will end up rolling into a punch or getting hit with one coming from an angle hes not use to.

Usually Floyd has problems early on with southpaws and then just takes the fight to them and tries to beat the **** out of them which always makes a fight of his vs a southpaw exciting and thats why I think that the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight needs to happen.

Floyd doesnt outbox southpaws he fights them and takes the fight to them and I would love to see what he can do against Pac because Pac is the best southpaw he will have ever faced but Floyd is also the best orthodox boxer Pac has ever seen as well so this is extremely intriguing.

Comment

He got hit by Corley becuz he was only thinking offense. Corley is a slick southpaw (Pacquiao is not) so when Floyd through a lazy straight right with moving, Corley managed to land an awkward overhand RIGHT. Zab Judah is a slick counter puncher as well, Floyd leaned into a right hook which knocked him down (technically... not really), and a counter straight left off a shoulder roll (does Pacquiao ever use the shoulder roll?). Mitchell's and Ortiz's southpaw stances were entirely ineffective.

But wait, didn't he drop a scorecard against De La Hoya, and didn't Mosley land 2 solid right hands on him, and isn't widely agreed that Castillo beat him the first fight, wasn't Emmanuel Agustus the toughest fight he ever had (out of his own mouth)... Does that mean Floyd also has trouble with orthodox fighters also?

If having a little trouble early is the indicator as to whether or not a fighter is weak against a certain-handed fighter, then all of the above proves that Floyd has trouble with righties too...

And didn't Pacquiao get beat against Morales, and thoroughly out boxed against Marquez TWICE? Well, I guess that's just scientific evidence that Pacquiao has trouble with righties also...

Kill yourselves
            Last edited by JDezi4; 10-09-2011, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Its boxing, everybody gets hit. If Floyd gets caught and rocked clean, its an exciting fight for the fans. If he doesn't get hit, its a bore fest.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                Lol look at the quality of opposition. . . The best of that bunch is judah, and he is so mch of a mental midget it's not even funny. . . i hope YOU are not basing how floyd will perform against pacquiao based on those figures. . .
                Got a point there, son.

Comment

Working...
                X