No announcement yet.

Five beats one - Air Jordan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All right.

This is the last I'm going to say on the subject. Because as I have said before, arguing who is the GOAT is futile.

Which I have been saying for a long time on here.

BUT

If you don't have Jordan as your starting shooting guard on your all time team, then I really don't know what to say.

Which to me, automatically places him as an All-Time top 5 great.

The sheer numbers don't lie. The hardware don't lie. The impact on the game don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      All right.

This is the last I'm going to say on the subject. Because as I have said before, arguing who is the GOAT is futile.
      Agreed

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      Which I have been saying for a long time on here.

BUT

If you don't have Jordan as your starting shooting guard on your all time team, then I really don't know what to say.

Which to me, automatically places him as an All-Time top 5 great.

The sheer numbers don't lie. The hardware don't lie. The impact on the game don't lie.
      Still agree. Jordan should be the automatic 2 on any list.

1. Magic Johnsom
      2. Michael Jordan
      3. Larry Bird
      4. Tim Duncan
      5. Kareem/Russel/Wilt

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
        agreed on all points here, MJ learned from the greats of the past but there is gap that seperates him from them

i kinda agree on what Lebron says that sometimes titles is not the only factor that determines greatness, it's how much you learned then taking it on a different plateau

yes Russell has more titles & Wilt has greater stats but MJ brought a greater impact on the game
        i appreciate how greats learn from the person ahead of them.. the reason i applaud bill russell.. he just told webber in an interview that he just learn to block shots just by reading since he has noone to pattern his game before him.

then chuck burn shaq in inside NBA when he told him "is that why you never block a shot shaq, because you never know how to read?"

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post
          i appreciate how greats learn from the person ahead of them.. the reason i applaud bill russell.. he just told webber in an interview that he just learn to block shots just by reading since he has noone to pattern his game before him.

then chuck burn shaq in inside NBA when he told him "is that why you never block a shot shaq, because you never know how to read?"

kinda like Westbrook, 99% athleticism 1% basketball IQ

Comment

kinda like Westbrook, 99% athleticism 1% basketball IQ
            i love that segment.. specially when shaq is boasting about his rings and throwing insults on each other..

imagine how webber feels sitting next to shaq.. the guys whom rob them of the finals..

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
              Jordan is at worse #3 greatest of all time if we are forced to rank them all.

The opinion of a million people does not make a claim true if the claim is so ambiguous

there's NO such thing as greatest of all time.

11 beats 6 every time

Nice thread Prof
              actually there is.

its called analyzing the situation properly and honestly.

Your 11 beats six is the perfect example. That's not analyzing the situation properly. My earlier post in this tread just elucidates the absurdity of you and jordans logic:

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              Bill Russell >>>> Michael Jordan
              Steve Kerr >>> John Stockton
              Robert Horry >>>> Karl Malone and Charles Barkley

-Air Jordan

GTFO with that stupid ****.

Prof ano problema neto? Kufal ah pede kaya papulahin yan

trans : What's with this dude prof? it seems he hates intelligent posters here
              actually i like intelligent posters ( i enjoy reading squelpiggys posts) and idiots like you are the bane of my existence.

whoa, where's this coming from? why the hostility?
              im just returning fire. kadyo started it with his passive aggressive posts.

If we include the merchandizing then there's no question Michael is the greatest.

but if we talk of pure basketball. then there's no one. there are so many factors that no one can create a perfect formula.

Career 30.1pts and 22Rebs on 2 Titles should have serious considerations. and so on....

1. Bill Russell was not a skilled player like MJ. Check his free throw %. Its ****.
              2. Russell played in the freaking 1960s. Weak era athletically. Undeveloped NBA.
              3. You dont crown the greatest during the infancy of your sport. Check all the greatest players in all sports across the board. They come later as their respective sport has had time to evolve and develop players future players can learn from and improve upon.
              4. there is a formula and logical and honest people come up with Michael Jordan.

Yes, you take titles into account but its not everything. YOu take into account the time period he played in. You take into account his individual statistics, and you have an honest analytical take on his skills by using game film.

5. merchandising? wtf? like i said before, you dont know **** about basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post

lol wut?

that makes no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  lol wut?

that makes no sense whatsoever.
                  lighten up..

go watch this..

http://watch.nba.com/nba/video/chann...nba?tab=3&p=14

Comment

Working...
                  X