No announcement yet.

What is Showtime thinking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Showtime thinking?

For as long as I can remember Friday was Showtime, Saturday was HBO. All the sudden, Showtime is having their fights on Saturdays?

HBO has a great triple header featuring Diaz v. Malianaggi, Wlad v. Johnson, and Ortiz v. Antonio Diaz.

Showtime has a decent card with Bradley v. Peterson and Vic v. Rojas.

Problem is they are happening at the same time. My world is turned upside down. Is this an attempt by Showtime to muscle in on the market? Are they riding on the success of the Super Six to take over as the premier boxing network?

What do you take from all of this? Which fights will you be watching?

They've been fighting on saturdays...sometimes they have the ShoBox on fridays...but the bigger fights are on Sat

But I'm gonna watch the HBO card because they have undercards that will be shown....

I'll watch the Bradley vs Peterson later...

Comment

I'm a Showtime boy

Comment

Well Its kind of ****ed up. Because us, the fight fans, gets screwed its hard to try and watch both cards.

Ill probably watch Showtimes till maliggnagi Diaz comes up!!!

Comment

DVR my friend

thats what i've always done

but since i cancelled SHO recently, i'll just watch the HBO fight and then download the SHO one on sunday

Comment

Yeah, I am hoping i'll be able to stagger the fights so I can watch most of them. I might just watch HBO's on Saturday and download the others Sunday, if only because I like HBO's commentators better.

Comment

They're thinking that they want to show boxing on a Saturday.

Comment

That is why everyone should own a DVR.

But for what it's worth I think the best match up and the most fan friendly fight of the night is going to be Peterson/Bradley. A classic come forward fighter against a precision counter puncher. Plus both are undefeated so neither knows how to lose.

Comment

truth be told, i think bradley takes him easy

im all for the Diaz v Mal rematch, love watching a Klitschko dominate, and would like to see what Ortiz brings to the table after being owned like that...

on the SHO card, im more interested in seeing Vic fight!

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
                    truth be told, i think bradley takes him easy

im all for the Diaz v Mal rematch, love watching a Klitschko dominate, and would like to see what Ortiz brings to the table after being owned like that...

on the SHO card, im more interested in seeing Vic fight!
                    nah peterson will easily beat bradley. timothy does nothing special. hands speed is average, power is below average, defense average. peterson will win 9 rounds to 3.

Comment

Working...
                    X