Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very very interesting NEW article about Golovkin

http://boxingjunkie.com/2015/10/12/b...-to-take-over/

Favoutite quotes

“(Mayweather) is not a real guy — I see him as being a big fake, inside and outside. Show me who you are,” Golovkin said. “I’m not like a movie star (seeking publicity) — ‘Look at my car.’ I like real people. I don’t like fakes.”

“We would walk into a gym and my brothers would say, ‘OK — you, tall guy over there, maybe you want to fight this small guy?'” Golovkin said, shaking his head at the memory. “It was crazy. I’ve never been a tough guy but always there was a provocation. That was a long time ago. Today, boxing is important to me and to my family.”“Every two days, I had a street fight,” he said. “I was living a different life. I’ve never been a bad guy — never acted like a tough guy. But every time, there was a provocation. They acted like gangsters. Everybody wanted to beat me up. Maybe because I have baby face.'”

““Look, my hands, these are like guns. When you have guns, you can relax. But in the future, you need something else. I love and respect my sport but I am not a bad guy. First, I am a sportsman.”

Gennady idolized Vadim and Sergey. Eventually, they joined the old Soviet army. They never came home; details remain sketchy. The twins were 10. Gennady’s grief was unspeakable. “When we lost them, we began looking at the world through different eyes,” Max said. “It affected the way Gennady approached boxing. He became very serious.”
    The brothers’ deaths “remains a sensitive topic for Gennady,” said Loeffler.
    Indeed. “I remember them. I miss them,” was all Golovkin would say through watery green eyes.
    Last edited by rajaomair; 10-12-2015, 11:25 PM.

GGG mania has spread to the UFC
    He is Ronda's favorite

Comment

Gennady Golovkin is the result of parenting done right, whereas Mayweather is the result of a crackhead and prostitute making babies.

The two are so different its ridiculous. Anyway back to boxing, Gennady isnt a bad guy, he seems a genuine nice guy with a great sense of humour who has found a new chapter in life through boxing after suffering through the pain of the unfortunate occurences throughout his life.

Anyone who dislikes this man has got to be a idiot, he doesnt do anything unlikeable in or out of the ring.

Comment

What he said about Mayweather is interesting. I have also noticed something odd about him. Like, his persona is all acted out; it's unatural. I guess it's ike Berto said, that's no the real Mayweather on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
          He is Ronda's favorite

You know, it's such a shame that we couldn't get Gennady out of Europe earlier. Can you imagine what his career would be right now if he got all the opportunities losers like Broner get?

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
            You know, it's such a shame that we couldn't get Gennady out of Europe earlier. Can you imagine what his career would be right now if he got all the opportunities losers like Broner get?
            Honestly him not getting all those opportunities has made him who he is. I doubt he would fight as hard if he did get babied in his career. That's one of the main reasons I hate when people call him hype job. He's earned his position by being an excellent amateur and fighting from the bottom to the top.

Broner wasn't even that great of an amateur fighter, struggled as a pro but still was suppose to be some great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
              He is Ronda's favorite

cute cute cute

Comment

The idea that his brother Max might even be as good as him is perplexing. I can't find any videos of his brother boxing from a quick google search

And the stories of his brothers setting up their brother Lil' G with random fights is.. bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                  Honestly him not getting all those opportunities has made him who he is. I doubt he would fight as hard if he did get babied in his career. That's one of the main reasons I hate when people call him hype job. He's earned his position by being an excellent amateur and fighting from the bottom to the top.

Broner wasn't even that great of an amateur fighter, struggled as a pro but still was suppose to be some great fighter.
                  It honestly sounds like Gennady has been fighting for a better life since he was a kid. That's the kind of character that separates him from the Broner, Chavez Jr. type.

Comment

Gennady Golovkin is the result of parenting done right, whereas Mayweather is the result of a crackhead and prostitute making babies.The two are so different its ridiculous. Anyway back to boxing, Gennady isnt a bad guy, he seems a genuine nice guy with a great sense of humour who has found a new chapter in life through boxing after suffering through the pain of the unfortunate occurences throughout his life.

Anyone who dislikes this man has got to be a idiot, he doesnt do anything unlikeable in or out of the ring.
                    I'm sure most of the hate directed at GGG is really for his fans who are known to say a lot of crazy ****. The bold in your post is a perfect example.......

Comment

Working...
                    X