Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't understand fighters who get KTFO and dominated make excuses for why they lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand fighters who get KTFO and dominated make excuses for why they lost

Okay I can understand if the fight goes to the cards and it was a competitive fight if a fighter who felt he won complains.

But if the fighter gets dominated and beat down and says I didn't eat right, or I was drained, or I didn't come prepared, that **** is sore loser crap.

Cause every time what do these fighters say before they get their ass beat? I am in the best shape of my life! I am strong! I feel great! and they start showing off in training camp how much stamina they have in sparring and heavy bag work.

But how come when they get humiliated all of a sudden they say oh no I was drained I was weak, I didn't eat right, I thought you were in the best shape of your life?

Mike Tyson was actually gracious in defeat, except for the Holyfield fights he felt Evander was fighting dirty.

Alexis Arguello was gracious in defeat as well.

If you get knocked the F out just accept it don't be like Juan Ma Lopez blaming the ref for a gambling problem, or Oscar De La Hoya saying he was weak after calling out a little man and being humiliated if you decided to stay at a low weight that is your problem you said you were in the best shape of your life.
    Last edited by hectari; 04-29-2012, 03:06 PM.

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Okay I can understand if the fight goes to the cards and it was a competitive fight if a fighter who felt he won complains.

But if the fighter gets dominated and beat down and says I didn't eat right, or I was drained, or I didn't come prepared, that **** is sore loser crap.

Cause every time what do these fighters say before they get their ass beat? I am in the best shape of my life! I am strong! I feel great! and they start showing off in training camp how much stamina they have in sparring and heavy bag work.

But how come when they get humiliated all of a sudden they say oh no I was drained I was weak, I didn't eat right, I thought you were in the best shape of your life?
    Did you deliberately leave out leg cramps?

Comment

Originally posted by Antagonist View Post
      Did you deliberately leave out leg cramps?
      Pacquiao won though so that is irrelevant, get out of here you flo-mo

Comment

I'm far from what you call a flo-mo so don't be so quick to drop names.

I think we can all agree when a fighter loses and throws out a million excuses it gets really annoying. B-Hop was a good example last night, even the Box Nation announcers were preparing for his complaints around the 10th round. He didn't even stay for a post fight interview which makes it even worse. But it goes both ways, Pacquiao underperformed against Marquez and made excuses for it. That's just as bad.
        Last edited by tranquilo; 04-29-2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antagonist View Post
          I'm far from what you call a flo-mo so don't be so quick to drop names.

I think we can all agree when a fighter loses and throws out a million excuses it gets really annoying. B-Hop was a good example last night, even the Box Nation announcers were preparing for his complains around the 10th round. He didn't even stay for a post fight interview which makes it even worse. But it goes both ways, Pacquiao underperformed against Marquez and made excuses for it. That's just as bad.
          Just leave. This thread isn't about someone who won and made an excuse. Pacquiao also said his legs were cramping for Mosley, and he won every round.

Can you leave dude you keep making new accounts after getting banned and always try to diss Pacquiao. I know for a fact you are a Pac hater.

Cause the first reply you had was to bash Pacman in a thread about people who LOST.

Comment

Fighters make excuses period!!! Whether they win or lose they love to make excuses for their performances if they weren't up to the expected level, and that's because they are competitive people who find it difficult to accept that the blame can be firmly placed on them.

Comment

Anyone that wants to sell you something is going to say its better than it actually is. Making excuses helps the fighters get over a loss, they don't have to admit to themselves they weren't good enough. Some of the excuses are true and are a genuine reason why they lost.

Comment

Just leave. This thread isn't about someone who won and made an excuse. Pacquiao also said his legs were cramping for Mosley, and he won every round.

Can you leave dude you keep making new accounts after getting banned and always try to diss Pacquiao. I know for a fact you are a Pac hater.

Cause the first reply you had was to bash Pacman in a thread about people who LOST.
                Pacquiao is a perfect example. He blamed the Morales loss on not having his favourite gloves, then that his socks gave him blisters and then on giving blood the day before.

Comment

What about the wrong gloves? And wrong socks?

Comment

Boxers make excuses publically, it is what they do. They are selling themselves so, everything they say has a purpose and thus lacks real meaning because they will say anything to get another shot.

The important thing is much harder to decipher, if they are making excuses and lying to themselves thus not allowing for the proper growth out of tough situations.

Comment

Working...
                    X