Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The BCS is the biggest god damn joke in all of sport.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
    Ok. Only started watching American football this season so I can't comment on past years. Can't really comment on this year either I guess but just thought I would throw my two cents in.

I will say that coming from following other sports, including NCAA basketball and the NBA, this system is weird as ****.
    Completely understand. More than anything I'm upset because they have screwed over teams in the past using certain excuses but when the same thing happens this year they sweep it under the rug. What's worse is the media that covers it, is making up excuses. It will be okay in the long run because the ratings are going to suffer greatly since some large polls were taken and nearly 75% of people were against the rematch. I know I'm not gonna watch. The first game was ****ty as fuk.

Comment

Yeah the first game was pretty terrible. It sucked as well because I was pretty amped for that game. More of a contrast in styles would be good. I guess OkSt would have been better from that perspective.

Comment

With the way OkSt destroyed Oklahoma. I don't see how they didn't get in.

The equivalent of the SEC would have been LSU destroying Bama by the same margin or vice versa. But instead it was a low scoring boring game.

They should definitely move to a playoff. Just have all the automatic bowl conference winners get an automatic seed into the tournament. Then depending on rank, other teams can get in. Play the tournament. Whoever wins, wins. So if Boise got in and won the whole thing, so be it. Much better than it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          With the way OkSt destroyed Oklahoma. I don't see how they didn't get in.

The equivalent of the SEC would have been LSU destroying Bama by the same margin or vice versa. But instead it was a low scoring boring game.

They should definitely move to a playoff. Just have all the automatic bowl conference winners get an automatic seed into the tournament. Then depending on rank, other teams can get in. Play the tournament. Whoever wins, wins. So if Boise got in and won the whole thing, so be it. Much better than it is now.
          It seems to me that they almost place more emphasis on who you lose to than who you beat and how you beat them. OkSt obviously copped that pretty horrendous loss a couple of weeks back while Alabama's only loss was a game that could have gone either way against the number 1 team.

Comment

There is no comparison of ok state and ok and sec. Lsu is clearly the best team in the country. They went throigh the hardest schedule in the country undefeated. And its not even close.

Check is such a blind sec hater big 10 ***sucker thqt he didnt egen make the best point for the bcs sucking this yr. Before i say that point, let me express that i think ok state should he playing lsu. They beat better teams tham bama and their loss was under extenuating circumstances.

Ok state would get mashed up by lsu

Anyway.... Bama isnt even playing for the sec chqmpionship. Why should they play for the national championship? R u fukin kidding me? Lsu has to Play an extra game, while bama and ther scumbag coach rests and gameplans for an extra week? Wtf kind of shi t is that? Lsu is getting penalized straight up for beating the best teams in the country and winning the toighest conference in the country. Its bullshi t. Drop conference championships if you're not gonna hage ppayoffs. Playoffs is the best solution.

Comment

OK state lost any right to the national championship when they lost to Iowa State.

Bama has 1 loss, an ot loss by a fg against the number 1 team in the country.
              Ok State has 1 loss, an OT loss to a 6-6 Iowa state team.

The BCS is a problem, but its clear the right decision was made here.

Comment

I don't want to watch LSU vs Bama all over again. Just imagine if a 2 teams in the NFL rematched later down the road for the Super Bowl. No one would want to see that **** again. I tell you it's the media and some god damn weird logic/equation that makes these stupid matches.

Comment

ok, what the fu*k is bsc, big 10 etc

this thread looks interesting

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
                    I don't want to watch LSU vs Bama all over again. Just imagine if a 2 teams in the NFL rematched later down the road for the Super Bowl. No one would want to see that **** again. I tell you it's the media and some god damn weird logic/equation that makes these stupid matches.
                    That is basically what it comes down to isn't it? I don't want to watch that again, but having said that I think those are the two best teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                      That is basically what it comes down to isn't it? I don't want to watch that again, but having said that I think those are the two best teams.
                      Yes. BCS rankings and structure is so flawed to ****. It needs an overhaul. I understand they are the two best teams, in any other sport the two best teams could be in the same division, but they will never EVER see each other at the end of the championship.

Comment

Working...
                      X