No announcement yet.

Me hitting the Bag, Need more advice.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me hitting the Bag, Need more advice.

Here's a different a video of me boxing , These two videos of me boxing show how i usually peform.

Last edited by Be_kind_rewind; 05-16-2012, 04:35 PM.

there are alot of issues, but i dont want to be overly critical, one that jumps at me is when you combo you end up throwing arm punches

Comment

Looks good, nice quick hand speed. You also look so much better when you're throwing combinations with head movement in and left hooks rather than 6 straight punches.

The main thing I would pick up on is you move to your right a lot more then your left, and sometimes it looks like you make yourself so side after throwing your punches (to the point your showing part of your back to the bag) it would be hard to counter back if someone threw a shot at you.

Try throwing a jab hook with your lead hand more, I can imagine it working with with your hand speed

Comment

it's pretty good to be honest

try to mix it up a little throw hooks/uppercuts and combinations more often

also when you throw the jab try to throw it in a horizontal orientation with the palm facing the ground

Comment

Like I said in your last thread, you will get tons more power if you sit on your punches more. And you wont find yourself off balance when you throw combinations.

Also, elbows in... they are flaring out too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ANIMOSITY View Post
            there are alot of issues, but i dont want to be overly critical, one that jumps at me is when you combo you end up throwing arm punches
            Hey man i'm posting my second video which should be slightly different, but the fact that you mention your intention I have no problem with you listing erors in my style and pointing out the biggest ones.

as far as the combo's go, is it wrong if it do it that way at all or should I really work on putting full form into each punches because I can't recall upon a boxer who does full form, I honestly make an attempt to use my feet but, who am i to judge.
            Last edited by Be_kind_rewind; 05-16-2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ANIMOSITY View Post
              Originally posted by Sam Sexton View Post
              Looks good, nice quick hand speed. You also look so much better when you're throwing combinations with head movement in and left hooks rather than 6 straight punches.

The main thing I would pick up on is you move to your right a lot more then your left, and sometimes it looks like you make yourself so side after throwing your punches (to the point your showing part of your back to the bag) it would be hard to counter back if someone threw a shot at you.

Try throwing a jab hook with your lead hand more, I can imagine it working with with your hand speed
              My trainer was big on moving away from the power hand at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by popsaregood230 View Post
                Like I said in your last thread, you will get tons more power if you sit on your punches more. And you wont find yourself off balance when you throw combinations.

Also, elbows in... they are flaring out too much.

What about my jabs? and if i sit on my punches won't it make it harder for me to move out, I naturally hit hard but I feel it the most unreliable skill to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Be_kind_rewind View Post
                  My trainer was big on moving away from the power hand at all times.
                  What happens if you're fighting a southpaw? Or a orthodox who has a left hook as his most powerful punch? If your at that much of a angle that you're showing your back you'll find it hard to see the punch coming.

Comment

Hitting bag is great and you have good speed to hit. I think you can improve it by throwing work out. I increase arm muscles and build good arm's stamina. Second just wait for a wile and then hitting bad with great power and extra speed of frequency.

Comment

Working...
                    X